Support A2Billing :

provided by Star2Billing S.L.

Support A2Billing :
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:13 pm
Predictive Dialer

All times are UTC

Post subject: Lambic : A2Billing 1.4.4
PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:28 pm 

We are pleased to announce the release of A2Billing 1.4.4. There are a number of new features and improvements to existing features:-

1. Export LCR – there is now the option from the Admin, Reseller and Customer screens to export the whole call plan to a text file using the LCR rules, and send them onto your customers. Additionally, minor changes have been made to the file format of the export file to make it easier to manage in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Access.

2. 1.4 saw the release of Agent functionality, which has been highly popular, and as such, we have devoted some more time to it in this release. The management of commissions is much improved with options to add commissions to the Agent balance, or to withdraw the balance for payment to a bank account.

3. We have also removed all the branding of Star2Billing and A2Billing from the Customer interface, one reason being that we do get a number of calls and emails from your customers who are having problems!

4. Another reason for the above step is that as A2Billing becomes more popular, and being used as the main VoIP Billing switch in many new and established telecommunication companies, we are seeing a number people who are taking A2Billing and passing it off as their own product, with little, if any, contribution back to the A2Billing project, either in terms of funding, sponsorship or code contribution. So we have created a mechanism whereby those who want to rebrand A2Billing Admin and Agent interfaces as their own, possibly for commercial reasons, can do so without contravening the AGPL. For more information see http://www.star2billing.com/licensing

In other news, Star2Billing, and A2Billing have been chosen to assist with the Village Telco project, which has been sponsored by the Shuttleworth Foundation, the same people who sponsor Ubuntu. Read more about this at http://www.villagetelco.org/ and how A2Billing is helping this exciting project.

As a result of the Village Telco project, we have two new customer API’s to create a trunk config and to retrieve rates from an A2Billing platform. More about this to follow in the documentation.

On the 27th of January, 2010, A2Billing will be celebrating its 5th Anniversary since Areski first announced that he was a bit tired, and had created what was to become A2Billing – see the original post here. (http://www.opensubscriber.com/message/a ... 41681.html) Like all the best posts, it degenerated into a discussion about which database technology should have been used.

However, we would like to celebrate 5 years of A2Billing, so we are coming up with some events for the week of the 27th of January, including speaking at the Atlanta Asterisk users group. If anyone else has any suggestions for any events, then we would be pleased to hear them.

Finally, we would like to thank you for all your support over the past 12 months, and we wish you all a Merry Christmas and a happy and prosperous new year.

Yours,
The A2Billing Team

Post subject: Re: Lambic : A2Billing 1.4.4
PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:04 am 

I was anticipating LCR from call plan. I will test this feature tonight. Great work! Thanks.
I am wondering if another feature can be implemented as well: HCR (High Cost Routing) which will show the maximum one might be charge if LCR is not available.

As for as branding goes, this should have been done long ago. I think you should also remove agent branding as that is also like a customer to us. You don't want to give us business secrets. I hope you understand what I mean by saying that Agent is essentially a customer and not an employee.

Amazing work. I will try to contribute to the forum and report any bugs if found.

Hoping that some work be done on the payment options in near future.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:33 am 

Hi

I would argue that an Agent can often be your employee, possibly paid a salary as well as commission on sales, but I would also agree that this is not always the case.

There is an option available to you to remove branding from the Agent Interface:-

Quote:
4. Another reason for the above step is that as A2Billing becomes more popular, and being used as the main VoIP Billing switch in many new and established telecommunication companies, we are seeing a number people who are taking A2Billing and passing it off as their own product, with little, if any, contribution back to the A2Billing project, either in terms of funding, sponsorship or code contribution. So we have created a mechanism whereby those who want to rebrand A2Billing Admin and Agent interfaces as their own, possibly for commercial reasons, can do so without contravening the AGPL. For more information see http://www.star2billing.com/licensing

Yours

Joe

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:48 pm 

Thank you once again for the great work!

I dont think the demo has been upgraded to the latest..!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 12:38 pm 

Great job!!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:48 am 

Does the violation warning that pops up during administration violates privacy issues?
Please clarify!
If it does not, what information is being collected from a system? be it production or test system.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:15 am 

Hi

The popup will only appear if either the copyright, author, or license information has been altered.

The copyright, license and author information only now appears on the Admin and Agent UI, not the customer UI.

The only reason that I can think of that you may wish to change this is to obfuscate the source of the software. possibly to brand it as your own?

It is simply a polite reminder to you only, of your legal, and in my opinion, moral, responsibilities under the AGPL, and at the same time, giving you information how you can rebrand as your own, because we accept that in some cases, there are sound business reasons for taking this step.

Yours

Joe

Voice Broadcast System