Support A2Billing :

provided by Star2Billing S.L.

Support A2Billing :
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:06 pm
VoIP Billing solution

All times are UTC

Post subject: refills via voucher, via api provided by local bank transfer
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 3:25 am 

Taking note that PayPal, is not such a good payment method for VoIP minutes (think payments via fraudulant accounts, and paypal don't refund unless you have solid proof).

Moneybookers, 100% guaranteed payment, but yet, a next extra step for clients...(first have to put money to their moneybookers account, then payment for voip services)

Most of my clients, have their own bank accounts.
and pays via electronic bank transfers, then i manually refill their accounts.

The banks, has well organized electronic payment network, with well documented API's..

So i was wondering if this is possible:

Add a table(field) to the voucher records, which indicates if the voucher is sold, or not sold (true or false)

Every week, or month i generate a set of vouchers....
EUR 10.00, EUR 25.00, EUR 50.00

A Link will be placed on the user's portal with 3 icons, for the amount of the voucher they want's to purchase.

when client chooses the EUR25.00 icon, the API first check the client's bank account, to see if they have sufficient funds to cover the amount they want to transfer.

Once that's ok, the API, then informs, that payment is approved.

Money is then marked for transfer to my account.

Once that we get the approval, then the next available voucher is chosen for delivery, and thereafter mark as sold (so no longer available)

Then the voucher number will be e-mail to the client using the e-mail address listed for that client...

Once client receives e-mail with his new voucher number, he then goes to his portal and add the voucher number to his account.

I have someone who knows php, and willing to take a tackle at it for me..

what i'll need to know, is where i can find the relevant tables etc. i need to extend the vouchers record to add that extra field (sold or not sold)

If anyone thinks this is doable, and have any hints, i'm willing to share the php code with the community, and then others can adjust it to suite API's provided by their local bank...

I think this can be a huge step forward, if i get it working

Also, if someone already has such code i'll also be glad to hear your experiences and would like to know what was done to have it accomplished.

thanks in advance

Post subject: Re: refills via voucher, via api provided by local bank tran
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 5:19 pm 

Quote:
Every week, or month i generate a set of vouchers....
EUR 10.00, EUR 25.00, EUR 50.00
Seeing as you'll be coding anyway, why not automatically generate the voucher once the funds have cleared? Or even forget vouchers and emails entirely, and simply adjust their credit and add a record to the cc_payments table for the audit trail. It's probably less work to code it that way anyway. :wink:
Quote:
what i'll need to know, is where i can find the relevant tables etc. i need to extend the vouchers record to add that extra field (sold or not sold)
The whole schema is in the Database folder. Please try to make an effort to support both MySQL and Postgres. If your guy needs a little help with Postgres I'd be willing to help out if you are going to donate your code back to community.

Post subject: Re: refills via voucher, via api provided by local bank tran
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:31 pm 

stavros wrote:
Or even forget vouchers and emails entirely, and simply adjust their credit and add a record to the cc_payments table for the audit trail. It's probably less work to code it that way anyway. :wink:

Actually this was my first thaught, but then i assumed, it would be much more difficult, cause then some coding would be needed (i'm not a coder) to capture the cardnumber, in order to update the correct cc_payment field/record....

but i think you put me one step foward, will take it to the coder, and see what he can do with it..

with that said, i have no idea about dbases, and coding, you pointed me to a ton load of files....would i be asking for to much, if you can point me as to which file(s) i need to download to take to the coder..or do i need to take all?

thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:50 pm 

Just point your coder at our repo; this is easier than cherry-picking only the files relevant to the job.

VoIP Billing solution