Support A2Billing :

provided by Star2Billing S.L.

Support A2Billing :
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:33 pm
Auto Dialer Software

All times are UTC

Post subject: sign up process
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 12:37 pm 

When a new user sign up in my system it takes a while til he can log in to the customer interface, like 15 or more minutes. I think this is not the normal behavior of the system but I don't know where can lie the problem. any idea on what should I look for to fix it?

thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 5:22 pm 

Are you sure? Cause I don't know any part of the signup/activation script that could be responsible for this. Can you tell us how to reproduce the error? On our systems, when we signup, it is possible to login right away.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 4:08 pm 

asiby wrote:
Are you sure? Cause I don't know any part of the signup/activation script that could be responsible for this. Can you tell us how to reproduce the error? On our systems, when we signup, it is possible to login right away.

You are true, the problem was not the sign up process, I think it was that I was taking the user login and password from the welcome page (a2billing/signup/activate.php?key=2woc5sfpyb3wk8xn) copying and pasting it directly to the customer interface. In this way I was introducing a blank space that causes the customer interface going blank without giving any kind of error.

Well, actually I think the problem is when you introduce a blank space before your password in the password field (at least in my system) you get this whole blank page.

Please try it...

maybe adding this

Thanks for your help.

maybe adding this
Code:
        $data = str_replace(' ','', $data);
to the function access_sanitize_data in the file modules.access.php could help, the problem is if someone puts a blank space in his password...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 4:35 pm 

That is not a bug and should not be changed in any way. The password needs to be entered accurately. That is why it is case sensitive. One must the exact password and the only password sanitizing that is usually allowed is the escaping of potentially dangerous characters (single quotes, double quotes, ...). I suggest that it should keep just as it is.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 5:16 pm 

You both make good points.

I can reproduce what zuuldibo describes: if I 'accidentally' enter a space before or after my genuine password (containing no spaces) then I don't even get 'BLOCKED ACCOUNT', I get a blank page.
I think this could be tidied up a little.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 9:21 am 

Well, I admit that what I've proposed is not the right solution to the problem but I think that it should give you the Blocked Account message because I had a couple of customers complaining about this.

Auto Dialer Software