provided by Star2Billing S.L.

Support A2Billing :
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:31 am
VoIP Billing solution

All times are UTC

Post subject: Webphone
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:05 pm 

Hi Folks,

My a2billing seems working fine but I can't do call through IAX webphione even can perform by conventional IAX phone like zoip. The webphone field in a2billinling.conf is set to "yes". The webphone seems to work perfect over the browser, but when I try a new call the button call disapears and after 30 seconds the phone shows a error message "Timeout for a non-existant session. Dropping". What is happenning?:unsure:

Post subject: Re: Webphone
PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:34 am 

Did you solve this problem? Are you using version 1.4.1? Have you opened the asterisk CLI to see what happens to the call while it fails.?

If you have an iax friend created in additional_a2billing_iax.conf make sure the codec is the one you use. Then check in system setting, peer_friend under allow that you are using the same codec. Set up your server IP address under system settings webcustomerui. I thinks that's about it. To me it was very important to see what the call was doing as you are dialing. But if I'm not mistaken the codec is responsible for most headaches. The webphone in my opinion don't look so hot but works really well.

Let me know.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 7:13 pm 

The call seems doesn't reach the asterisk server because I begin asterisk verbose (asterisk -rvvvv) then tried to make a call through webphone and nothing happens. I think is not a codec issue because I did test using IAX phone ZOIP(not web based) and works fine even I'm in another network.

How could I know the version of my a2billing?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:04 pm 

To me that is the best way to try the call, with the open asterisk CLI. I can't remember what errors is "Timeout for a non-existant session. Dropping". But take it a step at a time. Did you check in additional_a2billing_iax.conf and make sure your account is there? And that it has the correct context. At least to see if the config.php can run.
Check the global settings carefully because as I explained before there are several settings to setup the webphone.

I was asking about the version because I wanted to make sure we use the same version, this way we can relate to what is going on. When you open a2billing it tells you there 1.4 and at the bottom you can see the version.

I remember I had a hard time setting it up. But it works really well and the customer doesn't have to be installing another web phone.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:08 pm 

Hi pnaves, I was able to produce your error in my system by changing the IP address in - SYSTEM SETTINGS ==> GLOBAL LIST ===> WEBCUSTOMERUI section change the IP address in "webphoneserver" to your asterisk box IP do not use the localhost IP.

When I made this change the asterisk CLI did not show anything I was getting the error Timeout for a non-existant session. Dropping. When I changed it back to asterisk IP I reloaded asteisk but still got the same error and in my case I had to reboot the system to get it to work clean again.

I'm using asterisk 1.6.1.6 and I had to add the line "requirecalltoken=no" to the customer context in additional_a2billing_iax.conf for now.

Make sure you create an iax friend in the customer account you are using to make the call. Check the file additional_a2billing_iax.conf to see if the iax friend is there because in 1.4.1 I had to change the file permission to 777 for a2billing to create the context.

If you are still working with it let me know if it makes a difference.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:00 pm 

Hi lodca,

Firstly, thanks a lot for your help!
I'm working in a test server that hasn't a valid ip address but After I added the line requirecalltoken=no in additional_a2billing_iax.conf I tried to set some values to webphoneserver. Firstly I change the value to my dyndns address (like I did in other configuration files and work great) .THen I set to my valid dynamic IP, while this IP not change. But the error was the same "Timeout for a non-existant session". Using Firefox instead IE has a little different behavior. When I using Mozilla after I start webphone the phone the message "Event (type 11) for a non-existant session"
already displayed, then this message change to "Timeout for a non-existant session".
Maybe this is a firewall issue, but doesn't make sence because as I said IAX ZOIP works perfectly even being in another network.

Kind regards,
Pedro

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:26 pm 

You are welcome. No Pedro, I don't think is a firewall issue. I think is an IP issue. is your file in additional_a2billing_iax.conf similar to this one

[customernumber]
type=friend
username=customernumber
accountcode=customernumber
regexten=customernumber
callerid=webuiloginnumber
amaflags=billing
secret=webuipassword
nat=yes
dtmfmode=RFC2833
qualify=no
allow=yourcodec
host=dynamic
context=a2billing or whatever you context is
regseconds=0
cancallforward=yes
requirecalltoken=no

If I'm not mistaken the last statement I started using with asterisk 1.6.1.6 and not before. I would check in linux and see what ip it displays and try the different IP addresses to find the correct one. If you do this keep in mind after I changed my IP address for the webphone in the system settings I had to reboot. A simple reload did not do it for me. When you test use the asterisk CLI to see if gets to run the config.php. and you'll see any erros there.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:34 pm 

I copied and past your settings into my additional_a2billing_iax.conf then I reboot my machine.
The same error occurred.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:15 pm 

What did the asterisk CLI say Pedro?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:06 pm 

Nothing! Seems the package does not reach the server.

VoIP Billing solution