provided by Star2Billing S.L.

Support A2Billing :
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:31 am
VoIP Billing solution

All times are UTC

Post subject: Ringing tone for calling party
PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:37 am 

Hi,

I have looked all over the place on the forum and cant seem to find an answer to this little problem that I am having with Ringing tones not being heard by the calling party (in some circumstances).
I use A2billing 1.4 with asterisk 1.8.15 installed on it.
So all my clients (sip) obviously authenticate here with A2billing.

Additionally I have another asterisk 1.8.15 server sitting in the same server room which is connected to the trunk from the provider, and the two machines / the asterisk-trunk, and the a2billing-asterisk, talk to each other via IAX2.

All works great, incoming calls work fine, outgoing calls work well also, except...
- When a SIP client places an outgoing call (which is routed through the asterisk-trunk) and the call is a local country call, the calling party hears the ringing tones.
- When that same client places an international call, no ringing tones are to be heard.
- what is really, weird, is that if a SIP client gets connected directly to the asterisk-trunk, in both scenarios the ringing tones can be heard, so obviously the provider passes them back
- what is even weirder, is that if an IAX client gets connected as above, to the asterisk-trunk, he too can heard the tones in both cases.

So, now I know that the tones are reaching the asterisk-trunk from the provider, and are leaving the asterisk-trunk via both SIP and IAX.

No matter what I set in freepbx (or in agi-conf1 in a2billing), the situation does not change - the calling party has to wait either until the call is picked up, or there is a timeout. If the timeout is 60 seconds, than the calling party waits online for 60 seconds in silence.

I have changed the dial_command_param in agi-conf1 to |60|HL(%timeout%:61000:30000)
before it used to be: |60|HRrL(%timeout%:61000:30000)

I have removed the "r" option from the freepbx settings, and still, no success.
I have removed the r options from the asterisk-trunk server dial command, I have put it back again, still no success.

Where is my error in reasoning?

thanks everyone.
Marcin

Post subject: Re: Ringing tone for calling party
PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:26 pm 

to clarify a bit more what the setup is, have a look at this:

1. telecomms provider (netia)
2. Asterisk 1.8.15 with a Sangoma A101D PRA (ISDN 30B+D) card
3. A2billing 1.4 with FreePbx (powered by asterisk 1.8.15)
4. sip software client (but tried with iax client as well). Tried proprietary java sip phone, and Sip Xlite, and Sip&Iax Zoiper

So the conenctions are:
[1]-[2]-via iax2-[3]-via sip (and iax also)-[4]

so, somewhere either in [3] or in between [3] and [4] there is a problem, maybe a config problem or some setting in a2billing ?
I am ready to spend another night tonight on this, doing trial and error of all possible combinations.
I have even added the Progress() application call somewhere in the dialplan, but that did not change anything.

I reckon it must be somewhere in a2billing dialplan or settings, because when i conenct the clients [4] to [2] directly bypassing [3], al tones are fine.
I can connect client [4] to asterisk [2] via SIP or IAX, and all is well.
I did that because I thought that maybe if I switch protocols from SIP to IAX and then to PSTN this was the problem, but it is not - the problem is still there when I connect a IAX[4] client to the A2billing [3] server. The problem is NOT there when I connect the [4] client to the [2] server.

Mind You, removing the "r" option from everywhere ([2] dialplan, [3] dialplan, [3] freepbx settings), has a good effect of making me hear the proper, natural (not fake) ringtones while ringing (local country number, not international ofcourse), but it does not solve my problem on the international calls.

I would appreciate ANY hints on this, whatsoever.

thanks and cheers.
Marcin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:20 pm 

Hi - does any one have any thoughts on this?
I am really baffled by this / the national ringing tones are to be heard by the calling party in a2billing, but the international calls are silent.
What makes this really strange is that the tones are there when I connect to asterisk bypassing a2billing, so I assumed that it is somewhere in a2billing.

Please let me know - its a big problem.

thanks and cheers.
Marcin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:39 pm 

got it, joe thanks for leading me in the right direction.
always look very carefully at the output in asterisk CLI !

Anyhow, two things caused that strange silence behaviour:

1/ Its not that there is a silence caused by the carrier, but because Asterisk since v1.4 changed their default MusicOnHold directory from /var/lib/asterisk/mohmp3 to /var/lib/asterisk/moh, but A2B 1.4 still refers to the old directory by default, most probably, copying those music files at least gives you music instead of silence.
http://www.freepbx.org/forum/freepbx-di ... ic-on-hold

2/
But the question remained, WHY the heck did the international calls play moh and local ones did not...
WHY is ${MOHCLASS} being set, which results in playing moh.

[macro-dial]
exten => s,1,GotoIf($["${MOHCLASS}" = ""]?dial)
exten => s,n,SetMusicOnHold(${MOHCLASS}) <-------- THIS IS THE CULPRIT

It is the same dial string for national as international calls, but the international cals are calling MOH and local are not.

And the solution is.....
switch in the web admin panel (a2b) to advanced mode.
key: advanced_mode
value: yes

that will show You on the rates window, the correlation between a rate and a music on hold class (a2b has several of these created by default).
Once You switch to this mode, ensure that Your destinations have "No Music on hold" set, and all is fine and dandy !

NO MORE SILENCE.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:54 pm 

update cc_ratecard set musiconhold=''

thats is an empty string above, cos the field musiconhold can not be null

VoIP Billing solution