provided by Star2Billing S.L.

Support A2Billing :
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:25 am
Voice Broadcast System

All times are UTC

Post subject: Giving users control of advanced features
PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:50 am 

Hi all,

This is not strictly an a2billing question but rather more asterisk focused.

Does anyone know how you would go about letting users define their own ivr/auto attendant (and upload/record their own prompts) in a programmatic way?

I'm trying to use asterisk to cater for a number of distance businesses and I would rather my staff in each business be able to log in to a site I give them access to. From here they'd be able to add new users(sip extensions) and manage their call routing / IVR and handlw time of day etc.

I know how to do all of the above in asterisk, but its not very scalable if I do it all myself each time one of my businesses needs a change. I would much rather write something once that empowers my users.

Any ideas? Perhaps an extension to a2billing?

Look forward to your thoughts,

C

Post subject: Re: Giving users control of advanced features
PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:56 am 

Hi

Using virtualisation, and providing each of your users with an instance of FreePBX could be an option.

There is a case study of this at http://www.asterisk2billing.org/solutio ... nications/ and our product is described at http://www.star2billing.com/products/ip-centrex/, although as you understand A2Billing, (and possibly FreePBX) we would discount this fairly dramatically on the basis of a reduced training and support commitment.

Joe

Post subject: Re: Giving users control of advanced features
PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:00 pm 

Hi Joe,

Could you let me know about cost please? I have an email thread with you already (re webservices).

I'm not sure if I want to roll a hosted PBX per business. It adds some support overhead and doesn't help with failover.

I was hoping to have everything on one PBX (with multiple clones ready for Load Balancing and Failover) (all behind an OPEN SBC / SER).

What I had in mind was something like voipfone or grasshopper would offer their customers. Surely they can't afford to spin up a PBX for every customer, just so they can have an IVR and with some extensions?

C

Auto Dialer Software