Support A2Billing :

provided by Star2Billing S.L.

Support A2Billing :
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:06 pm
Predictive Dialer

All times are UTC

Post subject: i'think, this is .... mmm or maybe not ...
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:53 pm 

http://www.vsppanel.com/images/vsppanel-ss4.jpg

another violation?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 2:42 pm 

The screenshot certainly is reminiscent of A2B, though I've not gone to the trouble of actually installing/using it so I'm not sure how far the similarities extend.
Most of the source code is 'encrypted', but from what I've read of those source files that aren't obscured, it seems to be original work.
Whilst I'm keen to read the obfuscated code too, my understanding is that in my current location it would be illegal for me to either circumvent the IonCube loader, or even to modify my PHP installation to output the full source after the loader has done it's dirty work.

Perhaps some fellow forum-users reside in jurisdictions which don't similarly encumber them? If you do manage to peek at the source, and it is remarkably similar to A2B's codebase then I believe the GPL license would prevail, and you could legally distribute that decrypted code. However, IANAL so satisfy yourself of your legal obligations.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 5:12 pm 

The similarities in the CDR search form may mislead many. That form is not native to A2Billing. I have seen the exact same for with the same choice of color and behavior even prior to A2Billing. I will try to find the source of that information and post it here.

I have to say that vsppanel have some cool features that I would like to have in A2Billing.

Added after 6 minutes:

I have found it. And I also take back what I have just said.

The software is called Asterisk-Stat http://areski.net/asterisk-stat-v2/about.php and was apparently created by areski years ago. Cool.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 5:49 pm 

in any cases, this sounds like a GPL violation!
Either A2Billing or Asterisk-Stat.

Rgds, Areski

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:06 pm 

Yup. What should be the next steps?

I think that PBXtra from (Fonality) is also using Asterisk-Stat since it's the commercial version if Trixbox which is using it. And when you purchase PBXtra, they won't let you change or customize any code in it. A few month ago, I was trying to get a PBXtra for a customer. I have been on the phone for nearly 30 minutes with one of their representatives, trying to convince him, but I couldn't. All I wanted was to add some customized voice prompt in other languages. The guy said that it would be a license infringement. He cleary told me that nobody is allowed to temper with the box. Even for installing stuff like security software or updates or customized VPN stuffs, ... He then added that it will be best for me to just use the Open Source version called TrixBox. There are selling stuffs based on Open Source projects and adding limitations to the way people can use them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:18 pm 

Hi Guys,

I am the original developer of vspPanel (www.vsppanel.com) and came across this thread on a Google search, I noticed that some of you are questioning the licensing of vspPanel and are wondering if it's a copy of A2Billing or similar.

The Answer is no, vspPanel was developed from the ground up over a period of 3 years by FaktorTel Pty. Ltd. , If you have a look at the database structure that the system creates I believe you will find that it is nothing like that of A2Billing, additionally you can also check the un-encrypted files in /var/lib/asterisk/agi-bin

I'm not here to "Sell the product", just here to confirm that it is an original work and if any of the developers of A2Billing would like to confirm any part of the code please feel free to email me (chris at faktortel dot com dot au) and I can provide code snippets or full source under an NDA.

In regards to the CDR Menu, the layout was taken from AstCDR, however the full CDR search code was written from the ground up. The layout is simply the best search method I've found for CDR's ever and I couldn't think of a better way to display it. If you run a CDR search you will find the results are quite different to AstCDR and link directly to accounts inside the system.

Hope this helps to clear up a few things. If you have any questions about vspPanel i'm happy to answer them, however this is probably not the most appropriate place. Our forums are here: http://community.vsppanel.com

Chris.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 12:54 am 

Well, this is certainly enlightening.

Voice Broadcast System