provided by Star2Billing S.L.

Support A2Billing :
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:50 pm
Auto Dialer Software

All times are UTC

Post subject: Outbound Dial options
PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:18 pm 

Hi,

When an outbound call is dialled, it keeps ringing when it passes on every peer routes. How can we stop 'a2billing' dial the peer hop ringing and make it ring only when it reaches the pramary destination?

Your help will be much appreciated.

Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:09 pm 

I'm not sure exactly what you're asking, but it's possible using 'R' rather than 'r' in dialcommand_param might be what you're looking for. See the comments in a2billing.conf for an explanation of what this will change.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 3:04 am 

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. the following are my a2billing.conf setting.

dialcommand_param = "|60|HRgrL(%timeout%:61000:30000)"

I also see another setting for SIp friend.

dialcommand_param_sipiax_friend = "|60|HRgirL(3600000:61000:30000)"

My setting has two 'r', ('r' & 'R"). Do I need to set the second 'r' to capital 'R' in HRgrL to HRgRL? please advice.

Thanks

;; 30 : The timeout parameter is optional. If not specifed, the Dial command will wait indefinitely, exiting only when the originating channel hangs up, or all the dialed channels return a busy or error condition. Otherwise it specifies a maximum time, in seconds, that the Dial command is to wait for a channel to answer.
; H: Allow the caller to hang up by dialing *
; r: Generate a ringing tone for the calling party
; g: When the called party hangs up, exit to execute more commands in the current context. (new in 1.4)
; i: Asterisk will ignore any forwarding (302 Redirect) requests received. Essential for DID usage to prevent fraud. (new in 1.4) Useful if you are ringing a group of people and one person has set their phone to forwarded direct to voicemail on their cell or something which normally prevents any of the other phones from ringing.
; R: Indicate ringing to the calling party when the called party indicates ringing, pass no audio until answered.
; m: Provide Music on Hold to the calling party until the called channel answers.
; L(x[:y][:z]): Limit the call to 'x' ms, warning when 'y' ms are left, repeated every 'z' ms)
; %timeout% tag is replaced by the calculated timeout according the credit & destination rate!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:08 am 

Just remove the 'r'.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:25 am 

Hi stavros,

It worked, Thanks

Joe

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 2:33 pm 

I am using a carrier Ing-telecom which is not using the proper call supervision and need to modify my dialcommand_param = "|60|HgrL(%timeout%:61000:00000)"

They charge customers even when calls does not go thru and I'm getting a lot of compalaints. How dow I prevent it from ringing continues. Sometimes the ringtone changes and rings for about 2 and half minutes and customers are charged when they don't even answer.

dialcommand_param = "|60|HgrL(%timeout%:61000:00000)"

My main problem is they don't return busy for use to use another trunk.

Added after 1 hours 49 minutes:

I changed to dialcommand_param = "|60|HRgL(%timeout%:61000:00000)"

Seems to be working better now and still testing. However how do I limit the number of seconds it rings before cutting off in case we don't get the busy signal.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:33 am 

Go to another carrier instead of trying to modify your asterisk. I have seen some providers first answer the call and then send ring within it, it breaks all hell and billing is never right.

Voice Broadcast System