Support A2Billing :

provided by Star2Billing S.L.

Support A2Billing :
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:37 pm
VoIP Billing solution

All times are UTC

Post subject: IVR to A2billing
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:25 pm 

I can pass calls to the a2billing custom destination from a DID route directly no problem, but if I answer the DID with an IVR and have an option (9) set to go to the A2billing custom destination it doesn't work....can't figure this one out for the life of me....any ideas anyone???

Post subject: Re: IVR to A2billing
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:41 am 

Hi

Check the /var/log/asterisk/full log for clues.

Note that from an IVR the extension is set to the option number, in your case 9 - if you have _X. as is often the case as the pattern match extension, 9 will not match this pattern.

Joe

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:55 pm 

Yes I discovered the a 2 digit option will work...
For single digit would I use _. or X. ???

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:30 pm 

_X

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:21 am 

I'm not sure if I'm understanding your issue correctly but I'm able to send calls to my IVR and bill the call properly. I'm not sure if there's a cleaner way but this works really well. I created a ring group with a value of 500 in FreePBX. that rings the IVR. I set the extension to ring to 100. I current do not have anything set 100. I set the max ring time to 1 second. I then set my IVR as the destination if no answer., I then setup an inbound route for the DID that will be used to access the IVR and set a custom destination. I then created an inbound DID in A2billing and set the destination to "local/550@from-internal". I set it as a VoIP call. I then setup the rates for the inbound DID so I know what to charge for the IVR inbound call. I then created a trunk called local and set the provider tech to "local". In the provider IP I put "%dialingnumber%". I then created a rate card called 'local' and added all of my potential local extensions and set the rates to "0" for I don't charge for local calls. I'm using the inbound DID rates to handle the billing... It works really well.. The only issue I see if that if someone rings an extension that has Follow Me setup it doesn't charge the outbound rates for the Follow Me call.... That is my only issue at this point... But.. Inbound calls to my IVR work and are billed.

Voice Broadcast System