provided by Star2Billing S.L.

Support A2Billing :
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:47 pm
Auto Dialer Software

All times are UTC

Post subject: modify callerid per trunk
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:59 pm 

hi,

i have 2 voip providers that are selected based on the buy price. one provider requires a local callerid to make calls work (example 02812345) the other requires the callerid with international prefix but without the leading 00 (example 3532812345). how can i modify the calerid in a2billing to suit the providers requirements ? i can set the calleris for each sip account for example at 2812345 and then add either 0 or 353. i just dont seem to find such an option anywhere.

regards
Jan

Post subject: Re: modify callerid per trunk
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:43 pm 

I'm no expert, but am setting up my own a2 using elastix/freepbx. I am learning by trial and error. Are you using either of those? or just asterisk? If you are using one of the gui s, sysadminman has some good video tutorials and in #3 he addresses adding and deleting numbers, this may help you. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPgrK8njZdc

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:51 pm 

the inbound call routing is not the issue. the issue is that i have to use 2 different format on the callerid for outbound calls. the trunk selection is made by a2billing so thats the point where the rewriting has to take place basically. there is the 'ADDITIONAL PARAMETER' option in the trunk settings. i was hoping i can do something with that to add either 0 or 353 based on the trunk a2billing selects for the call.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:05 pm 

Well, I'm thinking out loud, if the providers have separate trunks can you do the add/drop digits in the trunk definition? So once the route is selected based on cost, then it is passed to trunk, and that is where you could add or drop digits. If you set up your trunk in asterisk (freepbx/elastix/trixbox) you maybe be able to do it in outbound routing there. I just looked in trunks in a2, i see a place to add digits, will that help you?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:50 pm 

i can modify the called number but not the callerid of the account placing the call. its the callerid that is send with a call that has to be modified per trunk, not the called number.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:59 am 

Hello,

Have you been able to solve this issue?
I'm having the same problem with my a2billing. two different providers that require two different settings on the CallerID

Would appreciate any help,

Thanks

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:23 pm 

im also looking for the same solution. Does anyone have a fix to rewrite the CLI depending on TRUNK

Hosted Voice Broadcast