provided by Star2Billing S.L.

Support A2Billing :
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:35 am
VoIP Billing solution

All times are UTC

Post subject: a2billing now often with negative balance
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:56 pm 

hi,

i have recently changed from a2b 1.3.4 to a2b 1.9.4. all my functionality is the same as well as the number of users etc. the hardware has improved. i have never had an issue with prepay accounts going into negative balance on the old system, since i use the new system i have a few (3-5) accounts in negative balance every morning. i would not so much mind that cause its usually no more than -0.5 but the free time to call only works with zero or positive balance. how can i prevent the negative balance ? i had dial_balance_reservation = 0.2 without success and now 0.5 without success. i hoped that would fix the issue as the description suggests. is there a setting anywhere to allow free minute use on negative balance or is there a way to reliably prevent negative balance ?

thanks
Jan

Post subject: Re: a2billing now often with negative balance
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:49 pm 

hmmm..... no suggestions ? nobody else having this issue ?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:27 am 

I have the same issue and found this post:
http://forum.asterisk2billing.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1882

I will try changing the Dial Command Parm

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:23 am 

ok, i had a look at the other post. i am unsure how the 'z' parameter for option 'L' does affect the billing. looking the the options i fail to see a connection.

Quote:
L(x[:y][:z]): Limit the call to 'x' ms, warning when 'y' ms are left, repeated every 'z' ms) Only 'x' is required, 'y' and 'z' are optional.

could someone shed light on this ? joe, any suggestions ?

i have set z to 00000, just to give it a blast. i think the 60 sec warning is enough anyway.

thx
Jan

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:10 pm 

ok, that has not helped. i have again a customer at -0.37 balance. does nobody else have this issue ? maybe some of the developers could spend a moment writing something here.

kind regards
Jan

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:18 pm 

Where you able to fix this? This is becoming an issue for me as well. I have version 1.9.4 and I am having customers with negative balances all the time. They are always around -$0.5 to -$0.9

Any help?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:40 am 

hi,

what would be the USD or EUR value of your -50.1 ? i have always only negative cent values, never full EUR. you might have an entirely different problem.

thanks
Jan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:35 am 

hi @ all and joe,

here a summary of my findings and what joe had suggested.

1)
disable simultaneous access - done - no success

2)
i played around with min_duration_2bill, min_credit_2call and dial_balance_reservation - no success

3)
i use DeadAGI instead of AGI - reduced the number of accounts with negative balance

4)
i have disabled hourly ntp updates and instead do them only once per day - now i have no negative balance anymore

ergo, there seems to be an issue with the way asterisk determines the end point of a call which apparently has to do with the system time. i will give it another few days to be sure i have fixed it. i will update this before the weekend.

thanks for your help joe
Jan

[edit]

ok, i have negative balance again, i have now figured out it has to do with a miscalculation in a2billing. a customer with a credit of 0.01 cent called a number which WOULD BE 15sec for 0.01 cent. in the rate-card i have an initblock set of 60 sec which makes the call cost 0.04 cent. a2billing still does allow the customer to make the call, it cuts off at 15 sec but because the call cost would be 0.04 cent it should not have allowed the call in the 1st place. now the customer is billed 0.04 cent and is therefore at a -0.03 balance after the call. i would consider this a bug.

Jan
[/edit]

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:49 pm 

i have added this issue to github:

https://github.com/Star2Billing/a2billing/issues/22

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:44 pm 

more problems with negative balances...... not only does a2billing ignore the initial billing block or call setup charges, even having none of them in any rates any more i still get occasional negative balances. al rates are billed by the second and no setup charges apply. a2billing should be able to determine the max call duration i would have hoped. since the developers of a2billing refer me to the next release and have apparently no intention of fixing this soon i am looking for a workaround. does anyone know how i can allow free minutes to call on a prepaid card with negative balance ? the moment the balance is eve slightly below zero calls are no longer possible even to free minutes to call destinations. the free minutes are not exhausted on those accounts.

kind regards
Jan

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:06 am 

Right, after this bug is obviously not considered important by the A2Billing team I have a workaround now. Every 10 minutes I run a cron job running this SQL statement on the database:

Code:
UPDATE
`cc_card`
SET `credit`=0
WHERE `typepaid`=0 AND `inuse`=0 AND `credit` <0

As per usual the A2Billing team has offered help in exchange for cash only. We declined the offer.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:39 pm 

hi all

I think the major problem of negative balance is due to simultaneous calls. Is there any suggestion or solution to this problem?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:03 pm 

snoozer wrote:
As per usual the A2Billing team has offered help in exchange for cash only. We declined the offer.

They wanted to charge you for spending time doing work on software that they write for free, and that you use for free. Unbelievable.

It's a shame that you're happy to use the software, but value their time so little.

Predictive Dialer