Support A2Billing :

provided by Star2Billing S.L.

Support A2Billing :
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:05 pm
Hosted Voice Broadcast

All times are UTC

Post subject: Install Asterisk & Asterisk2Billing on different machine
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 6:09 pm 

I want to Install Asterisk & Asterisk2Billing on different machine i want Asterisk on 2 Machines and Asterisk2Billing on one machine I want asterisk billing machine to handle billing of two other asterisk machines
is it possible can any one guide

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 9:30 pm 

think of the a2billing as database, configs, ui and scripts. the database and UI can be on machines separate from the asterisk dialplan [switch] but the scripts [agi, libs, sound files] must be on the asterisk as they are actually part of the dialplan creating the switch function

the customer and admin gui can also be on separate machines but they also reference the a2billing.conf config so a copy of that has to be alongside the gui scripts

the database definitions in a2billing.conf allows you to config where the database resides.

just layout the files and figure out which files have to be where.

asterisk switch:
agi, a2billing.conf, a2billing_libs

UIs
UIs scripts, a2billing.conf

database
the database with all its tables

a2billing.conf contains the definition of where the DB lives and how to access it

you don't have to worry too much about keeping the a2billing.conf on the separate boxes in sync because one part of the UI configures the dialplan and another part configures the UI look and behaviour as well as where is the db. so depending on how you use those features you will know how often, if any, you would have to sync your a2billing.confs

the admin UI needs to create the IAX and SIP friends definitions in files that reside on the switch so if you need that feature your admin has to be on the switch unless you know how to do real-time asterisk and write all that stuff in the asterisk realtime DB

you can even isolate the switch further by having the customer UI refernce a DB with not so up to date CDRs and periodically you copy the real time DB used by the switch to the one the customers access. this way your switch never has to deal with individual customer requests

what you want to do is doable.

good luck

Post subject: Re: Install Asterisk & Asterisk2Billing on different machine
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:15 am 

Hi,

I want to allow the CustomerUI to be hosted on a webserver outside the classic A2B install. I have explored my webhosting access and found that I have the following directory structure:

home>
MyDomainName>
etc>
public_html>
www> Which is a link to above pulic_html

So I am assuming all I would have to do is create an asterisk directory inside etc and copy the a2b.conf in it
And then copy A2Bcustomer_UI directory from var/www/html (From A2Billing server) into public_html where all my website files are located at, Right?

Thanks.

Kim

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:32 am 

Hi

That would be the case with 1.3.4, in 1.4, you'd put a2billing.conf in /etc

You would also have to open up the firewall and the database to allow connections from the webserver.

Joe

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:00 am 

Hi Jroper:

Thanks for your feedback. I was getting a lot of errors regarding a2billing.conf being outside the permissible path. I guess the root of my webhost server is: home
Then I have a directory under 'home' whose name is same as my domain name 'mydomain'. I could not do anything in the home directory. I could only create or edit things under 'mydomain' directory (/home/mydomain/....).

So I created /etc/asterisk under 'mydomain' directory: so it looks like this: /mydomain/etc/asterisk
Then I copied the A2BCustomer_UI folder into: /mydomain/public_html/A2BCustomer_UI/

I then modified the file 'Class.A2Billing.php' file in '/mydomain/public_html/A2BCustomer_UI/lib/' as follows:

define('AST_CONFIG_DIR', '/home/mydomain/etc/asterisk/');
define('DEFAULT_A2BILLING_CONFIG', AST_CONFIG_DIR . '/a2billing.conf');

I am now down to 1 error which I believe is probably related to firewall where I have my A2Billing server:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function gettext() in /home/veerytel/public_html/A2BCustomer_UI/lib/Class.A2Billing.php on line 282
Where line 282 says:

echo gettext("Invalid card number lenght defined in configuration.");

Note: I have replaced my actual domain name with 'mydomain' in this post.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:23 am 

Hi

It may be that you do not have the correct php dependencies on your system.

Joe

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:01 pm 

hi..

can i approach the same method for a2billing 1.6?
i tired the above method but getting loads of error as well. is there a better way to intergarte the customer ui to a web interface that is outside a2billing environment and access it from outside with out exposing the a2billing server?

thanks.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:15 pm 

In any version of A2Billing, it is trivial, when using asterisk realtime, to separate the components (Asterisk, MySQL, Webserver) onto three different servers.

Joe

VoIP Billing solution