provided by Star2Billing S.L.

Support A2Billing :
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:22 pm
Voice Broadcast System

All times are UTC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 7:46 am 

Using a package is as follows:

Create a package offer, with the number of free minutes you want to include.
    Attach your package to your call plan in using the dropdown box under edit call plan.
    Edit the rate and set USE FREE TIME TO CALL PACKAGE = yes and repeat for all rates that you want to include in your package offer

Joe

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 1:28 pm 

jroper wrote:
Using a package is as follows:

Attach your package to your call plan in using the dropdown box under edit call plan.
    Edit the rate and set USE FREE TIME TO CALL PACKAGE = yes and repeat for all rates that you want to include in your package offer
Joe

This great. I got it. but how do you make payment for that account. I have tried this. it works fine but if I put let say 12 dollars for that customer and the customer make calls to the free minute the money says there unchanged. but at the same time if the person make calls to the non-free destination the money comes out of the flat fee for the free minutes. how does one charge a flat fee for the free destination and charge a fee for the non-free destionation. that is the question that I have not been able to answer. I am hoping someone can clear this up for me.

thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 4:27 pm 

graher01 wrote:
if the person make calls to the non-free destination the money comes out of the flat fee for the free minutes
You mean the cost of the calls are deducted from the customer's balance.

I believe you should be using recurring services -> subscriptions to claim the 'flat-fee for the free minutes' from the customer's balance each month.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 5:46 pm 

think of it this way: you are selling two products/services/items

1. subscription - package minutes
2. pay as you go - non packaged minutes

therefore PAYMENT = subscription + pay as you go

the amount that is applied to the balance/credit is pay-as-you-go
pay-as-you-go = payment - subscription
credit = credit + payment - subscription

So if you use the "subscription recurring service" to remove the subscription fee or if you do it manually or if you have two payment types either way will get you to the proper amount that is to be applied to what will be used for pay-as-you-go services.

Basically you can do the subtraction manually and use the rest as "refill" to modify the balance

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 8:47 am 

gue wrote:
think of it this way: you are selling two products/services/items

1. subscription - package minutes
2. pay as you go - non packaged minutes

therefore PAYMENT = subscription + pay as you go

the amount that is applied to the balance/credit is pay-as-you-go
pay-as-you-go = payment - subscription
credit = credit + payment - subscription

So if you use the "subscription recurring service" to remove the subscription fee or if you do it manually or if you have two payment types either way will get you to the proper amount that is to be applied to what will be used for pay-as-you-go services.

Basically you can do the subtraction manually and use the rest as "refill" to modify the balance

The thing is that if the customer pays only what is required for the free minutes and he make a call off the free minutes it deduct the amount of the call from the fee. if the customer's balance is 0 the call will not go thru even if he has free minutes available.it is so confusing.
the way it should be is that if you have a fix rate plan it should rely on the available minutes even if the balance is 0 and if a call is being made to a non-free destination it should not allow the call if the balance of the person is 0. an other table should be created to maintain the flat fee or a field to indicate the flat fee paid.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 9:08 am 

Hi

There is a setting in a2billing.conf

; Minimum amount of credit to use the application
min_credit_2call = 0

I've not tested this myself, as I like to get paid for services supplied to customer, but if you set this to say -0.01 then your customer may be able to make a call, even if their balance is 0.

Joe

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 11:30 am 

jroper wrote:
Hi

There is a setting in a2billing.conf

; Minimum amount of credit to use the application
min_credit_2call = 0

I've not tested this myself, as I like to get paid for services supplied to customer, but if you set this to say -0.01 then your customer may be able to make a call, even if their balance is 0.

Joe

I have tried that. when I make a call it tells me that I have not credit to make a call

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:46 am 

Has anyone been succesfull at doing free minutes?

I followed everything from previous instructions:

Quote:

and have still customer balance goes down even though "Details Package" shows the calls made to be part of the free minutes package related to the dialed numbers.

Please share your comments good or bad regarding this feature.

Thanks in advance.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 8:13 pm 

I've got a customer using a free calling package with no complaints so far. Whilst waiting for a compile I was watching the Asterisk console and noticed several calls all of which seemed to correctly deduct minutes from the monthly package and leave the balance untouched:
Code:
  a2billing.php|1: file:Class.RateEngine.php - line:1146 - -> dialstatus : ANSWER, answered time is 236
  a2billing.php|1: file:Class.RateEngine.php - line:836 - ft2c_package_offer : 1 ; 150000 ; 129919
  a2billing.php|1: file:Class.RateEngine.php - line:850 - :[ID_CARD_PACKAGE_OFFER CREATED : 909]:['46', '4', '236']
  a2billing.php|1: file:Class.RateEngine.php - line:907 - [CC_asterisk_stop  QUERY = INSERT INTO cc_call (uniqueid,sessionid,username,nasipaddress,starttim
e,sessiontime, calledstation,  terminatecause, stoptime, calledrate, sessionbill, calledcountry, calledsub, destination, id_tariffgroup, id_tariffplan, id_
ratecard, id_trunk, src, sipiax, buyrate, buycost, id_card_package_offer) VALUES ('1192643698.167', 'SIP/XXXXXXXXXX-00766be0',  'XXXXXXXXXX', '', CURRENT_TIMESTAMP - interval '236 seconds' , '236', 'XXXXXXXXXXX', 'ANSWER', now(), '0.0176', '-0',  '', '', 'XXXXXXXXXXXXXX', '5', '34', '117045', '3', 'XXXXXXXXX', '0', '0.01', '0.0393333333333', '909')]
  a2billing.php|1: file:Class.RateEngine.php - line:910 - [CC_asterisk_stop 1.1: SQL: DONE : result=1]
  a2billing.php|1: file:Class.RateEngine.php - line:928 - [CC_asterisk_stop 1.2: SQL: UPDATE cc_card SET credit= credit+0  , redial='XXXXXXXXXXX' ,  lastus
e=now(), nbused=nbused+1 WHERE username='XXXXXXXXXX']
  a2billing.php|1: file:Class.RateEngine.php - line:933 - UPDATE cc_trunk SET secondusedreal = secondusedreal + 236 WHERE id_trunk='3'
  a2billing.php|1: file:Class.RateEngine.php - line:937 - UPDATE cc_tariffplan SET secondusedreal = secondusedreal + 236 WHERE id='34'
  a2billing.php|1: file:a2billing.php - line:311 - [a2billing account stop]

What version of A2B are you running please?
Code:
a2b root # php /var/lib/asterisk/agi-bin/a2billing.php -v
A2Billing - Version Asterisk2Billing - Version 1.3.1 (Yellowjacket) - Release : September 2007

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 7:29 pm 

[quote="stavros"]I've got a customer using a free calling package with no complaints so far. Whilst waiting for a compile I was watching the Asterisk console and noticed several calls all of which seemed to correctly deduct minutes from the monthly package and leave the balance untouched:[code]
Can you put the steps that you have I have noticed that it works fine but I do not Know how to make it recharge month to month

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 7:43 pm 

graher01 wrote:
Can you put the steps that you have I have noticed that it works fine but I do not Know how to make it recharge month to month
The packages automatically reset themselves on a weekly/monthly basis. There is no need to 'recharge' them.

Or were you referring to how to charge for them? You can create a Recurring Service -> Add Subscription to claim the fee each month. This subscription fee needs to be selected for each individual customer that requires it. You also need to ensure the relevant cron job is being launched once a month: /var/lib/asterisk/agi-bin/libs_a2billing/crontjob/a2billing_subscription_fee.php

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 12:23 am 

So you can have it deduct money from each account for whatever services it requires, or does it do all services?

Like what if you have a "300 minute" package for $10
and then a "1000 minute" package for $20
and then a "DID" charge of $15

A customer could have either A or B or C - or a combo of A,B plus C

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 12:30 am 

In branches/1.3 you can do (A or B) and/or C. That is to say you can only set one subscription fee per card. DIDs have their own mechanism for recurring charges.

I seem to remember having seen a patch here a while back that would allow multiple subscriptions per card (allowing any combination of A,B and C). I'm not sure if this made it into trunk or not.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 12:36 pm 

stavros wrote:
graher01 wrote:
The packages automatically reset themselves on a weekly/monthly basis. There is no need to 'recharge' them.

Or were you referring to how to charge for them? You can create a Recurring Service -> Add Subscription to claim the fee each month. This subscription fee needs to be selected for each individual customer that requires it. You also need to ensure the relevant cron job is being launched once a month: /var/lib/asterisk/agi-bin/libs_a2billing/crontjob/a2billing_subscription_fee.php

Thanks for your detail explaination. My problem is understanding how to apply payment. I created a customer with a package for let say 20 a month. I do not know how to apply the payment that he made. if he does not have a balance it does not allow for the call to take place. I have to have a balance and at the same time if I have a balance it will deduct from the balance for calls that are not part of the free calls. I am confuse as to how to use it properly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 1:49 pm 

Yes, as things stand it is necessary for pre-pay customers to maintain a balance >= 0.01 in order to take advantage of the freetime2call package.
Apart from that I can't really add anything to what gue and jroper said on the first page of this thread.
Have you read the relevant section of the manual?

Hosted Voice Broadcast