Support A2Billing :

provided by Star2Billing S.L.

Support A2Billing :
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:07 pm
Predictive Dialer

All times are UTC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 1:31 am 

I too think SER is the "key" to multi-boxes, redundancy, and possibly even geographically spaced out boxes to insure lowest latency possible.

One day I hope to have time to dedicate some time to it (or better yet, have enough traffic where I am FORCED to come up with a quick solution). I even wonder if one could find someone that knows SER/OpenSER well enough on one of the freelance websites and hire someone to knock it out. Might be easier than all of us beating our heads against a wall trying to find out how to do it

Also - I had come across how to sync mySQL databases with a complete how-to for clustering (I will have to find, as my bookmarks got trashed).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 9:29 am 

This should bring us again to the 'DevCon' topic ..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 2:35 am 

Hey Asiby,

Okay, so I have managed to get the A2Billing_UI management interface installed, and it appears to working (i.e. I can write to the mysql database). At this point, the thing that is not clear to me is how the a2billing.conf files, and my sip.conf, and extensions.conf files fit into the picture. Does the Client (Box4 - see below) or Admin UI (Box3 - see below) update any of these asterisk files.

As a refresher, I am trying to perform the following setup:

AsteriskBox 1 - a2billing.conf, and related phpagi scripts, and libs
AsteriskBox 2 - a2billing.conf, and related phpagi scripts, and libs
Box3 - Apache and MySql, and the A2Billing_UI management interface, and a2billing.conf
Box4 - Remote Host A2Billing Customer interface, and a2billing.conf

Here's what I am thinking...Box3 will be writing to the sip_additional.conf files in its /etc/asterisk folder...next, using rsync, Box1, Box2, can update their respective sip.conf files. Does this make sense?

Thanks,

Razor

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 2:55 am 

Razor, if you talking about the sip friends, then wouldn't you want to use REALtime and then they would be pulled from the central SQL database?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 3:10 am 

Hi KryKat,

Thanks for your reply. To be honest, I am not really sure the best approach here. I am a n00b to this A2B, and I am trying to achieve a setup a little differently from the way in which A2B was designed.

I am open to any suggestions you may have. With respect to RealTime, would this handle the information that the Admin and Customer UI's are writing to the conf files?

I repeat, the thing I can't get straight is the interaction between the UI's, the scripts, and the *.conf files, when they all reside on different boxes???

Razor

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 9:08 am 

I'd stay away from realtime. I use rsysc ,run as a cronjob every 5 mins, works a treat

regards

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 1:18 am 

What is your configuration? Which files r u syncing?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 6:23 am 

Razor, to answer your question, I have never tested Asterisk Realtime yet. So I would go with middletn's recommendation until we determine that realtime will not compromise anything. You have to be cautious about rsyncing sip.conf or iax.conf, ... or any configuration files between boxes. There reason for that is that we have theorized something that could explain strange issues that we were having cause our boxed are behind a router with NAT. After assign different ports for RTP, SIP, IAX, ... for each box the problems have disappeared. Also, depending on the processing power available on the each box, you might want to limit the maximum number of calls or the maximum load. Those settings that will be specific to each box must not be overwritten during an rsync operation. In sip.conf, if you intend to plug inbound DID coming from more than one provider to different boxes, than you will need to create a separate peer for each box. Otherwise, when the DID number rings, the provider will not know where to send it if the corresponding peer is registered on multiple boxes. Therefore, you cannot rsync sip.conf. The same goes for iax.conf if you are using IAX to get your DID.

I would only rsync additional_sip_friends.conf and maybe a2billing.conf

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 7:01 am 

Thanks Asiby.

So what if I would like to have certain DID assigned to certain boxes, and other DIDs to my other boxes...I guess I would have those DIDs defined in the Diaplan of the respective boxes, and the corresponding register entry in each of the sip.conf files. Correct ???

In this case, I would not rsync either the Dialplan or the sip.conf files?? So if I understand you correctly, the only files that I may consider rsyncing would be either the sip_additional.conf or the iax_additional.conf...two files generated by A2BAdmin...correct?

Out of curiousity, what does A2B write in these files? I am also curious to know if the CustomerUI writes/creates any files of its own (if so should they be rsync'd) or does it write directly to the database, and make calls to the a2billing.php via the AGI interface?

Finally with respect to manager.conf, are the changes made to this file solely for the use of the A2BAdminUI as well as the CustomerUI interface, or is strictly to allow the AdminUI portion to perform configuration?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:20 am 

I will try to give you some answers, but we need middletn's help since it seems that he is actualy rsyncing things between server. He might know if we are missing something.

razor wrote:
So what if I would like to have certain DID assigned to certain boxes, and other DIDs to my other boxes...I guess I would have those DIDs defined in the Diaplan of the respective boxes, and the corresponding register entry in each of the sip.conf files. Correct ???

Yup. That is correct. That's what we are doing.

In this case, I would not rsync either the Dialplan or the sip.conf files?? So if I understand you correctly, the only files that I may consider rsyncing would be either the sip_additional.conf or the iax_additional.conf...two files generated by A2BAdmin...correct?

razor wrote:
Out of curiousity, what does A2B write in these files? I am also curious to know if the CustomerUI writes/creates any files of its own (if so should they be rsync'd) or does it write directly to the database, and make calls to the a2billing.php via the AGI interface?

A2Billing will only write to it's own log files, and sip_additionals and iax_additional or whatever name you will choose for these files. The default content of these files can be specified in a2billing.conf

razor wrote:
Finally with respect to manager.conf, are the changes made to this file solely for the use of the A2BAdminUI as well as the CustomerUI interface, or is strictly to allow the AdminUI portion to perform configuration?

The manager account settings that will be defined in a2billing.conf will be used for various things that a2billing will need to do. Some of those things are: scheduling callback with the callback daemon, reloading the server after updating SIP or IAX friends list, processing a call with the AGI, ...

Regards

Post subject: Re: admin and cutomer UI on another web server
PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 10:32 pm 

Hi

I have moved admin & customer ui to seperate server
And installed a2billing.conf in /etc/ updated the MySQL server remote IP address in the conf file

When I try to login under admin ui I get connection failed
I tested from command line MySQL -u xxxx -p -h remote IP I can connect ok

Any ideas why I can't connect frm the login page

The 2 servers are connected via VPN

VoIP Billing solution