provided by Star2Billing S.L.

Support A2Billing :
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:34 pm
Predictive Dialer

All times are UTC

Post subject: Polarity Reverse
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 3:44 pm 

Hi,
I´m running A2B in a production system. Many of my customers are call shops and they use meter systems.
When they place a call A2B, meter systems start charging at first second, due to polarity reverse. No matter if the call is answer or not.
I`ve being trying to find out how polarity reverse works in A2B but without succes.
please any help ...
Regards,

Aldo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 4:24 pm 

This question is unrelated to A2B. It's purely an Asterisk problem. I'd suggest you use the Asterisk support channels.

Post subject: Solved ¡¡¡
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 7:28 pm 

I understand your point, but if I remember A2B also use Asterisk. A good performance of A2Billing is related with a 100% functional system, including all its parts.
My problem is A2B answer the call, and that could be Asterisk problem or not, depending A2B extensions configuration.
May be somebody have a clue about it. By the way, that is a forum purpose ¡¡¡

Rgds

Aldo

Added after 13 minutes:

Comment with ; in extensions_a2billing.conf Answer and wait line, in the 3rd line replace "n" with "1". Apply in both contexts: a2billing and custom-a2billing.
Now, A2B start charging when the call is answered.
I hope it help for somebody who look this answer in A2B FORUM¡¡¡

RGDS

Aldo

Post subject: Re: Polarity Reverse
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:35 pm 

I'm sorry, when you said
asincom wrote:
No matter if the call is answer or not.
I assumed that you weren't answering the call. Obviously if you answer the call in the dialplan then downstream clients will start billing from this point.

I'm glad you're now slightly more familar with the Asterisk dial-plan.

Post subject: I mean ...
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 3:03 am 

Sorry, but I didnt expres my self well.
Any way, I have a diferent problem now.
I solved my problem about A2B answering call. A2B start charging when the call is answered and not before.
I use TDM2400 wild card with celular fix terminal. A2B connect the calls to cellphones through zap channel ok, but when the cell terminal start dialing the number, A2B asume an answer condition and start charging, which is a problem when the dialed cellphone is unreachable.
I`ve being trying to set up some changes in zapata.conf like busydetect and callprogress, but the problem persist.
Stavros, any clue about that ?
Thanks for your help.

RGDS

Aldo

Post subject: Re: I mean ...
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 4:10 pm 

asincom wrote:
but when the cell terminal start dialing the number, A2B asume an answer condition and start charging
Now this question is definitely nothing to do with A2B. As a hint, I'm going to say that your GSM gateway is probably answering the call immediately so that it can do 'in-band alerting'. You'll probably need to reconfigure the GSM gateway itself. Failing that you'll have to work around the issue in Asterisk somehow. I was under the impression that busy-detect was only of use on POTS/Analogue interfaces, but I may be wrong. This is all way off-topic for this forum.

Quote:
which is a problem when the dialed cellphone is unreachable.
I would say it's a problem in all cases; you are charging your customers from call setup, rather than answer, and therefore stealing money from them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 11:43 am 

I agree, there's no way I've found to get around this problem, and it is 100% asterisk related. Think of it as a call and forward. The cell device answers the call and then initiates a GSM call. The only leg asterisk and therefor A2B has knowledge of, is the first call leg. Therefore the only solution is to give free seconds (~6). Sometimes you'll lose, sometimes you'll win.

regards

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:20 am 

Hi

You may also want to consider using this setting as well: -

; this is the minimum duration in seconds of a call in order to be billed
; any call with a length less than min_duration_2bill will have a 0 cost
; useful not to charge callers for system errors when a call was answered but it actually didn't connect
min_duration_2bill = 0

set the min_duration_2bill to 30 seconds, so if the call fails to connect, then the customer will not be charged for the call, but if the call is longer than thirty seconds, then they will be charged for the whole duration.

This is still not perfect, because generally speaking you only should only charge when the call is connected to the called party.

If you want to go further, then you could also consider using the stepped billing and charge 0 for the first 15 seconds, which may be enough to make the call and expect the called party to answer.

Joe

Post subject: Also
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:32 am 

Thanks for your reply,
Well, youre right, definitely 100% Asterisk related.
How did I solved ?
First I ensure that A2B dont anser the call, in A2Billing.conf,
Then I added two lines to my zapata.conf:
answeronpolarityswitch=yes
hanguponpolarityswitch=yes
Then comment or erase callprogress, busydetect, and busycount.
Now, A2B start charging when the call is truly connected, through Asterisk polarity reverse switch.
Thanks for your help, and I hope this help to A2B users ¡¡
rgds

Aldo

Added after 5 minutes:

Be carefully about this solution, because will only work if your provider, your cell device or any hardware is able to switch polarity reverse.
If you dont receive the electrical pulse to switch polarity, would be better to use all advice related before, about some free seconds and busy detect tools from Asterisk.
rgds

Aldo

Post subject: Re: Polarity Reverse
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:22 am 

Hello Aldo,

I think i have the same problem, i am a newbie to the VOIP idea, i am using Elastix with A2Billing and i have an External Gateway installed in another Country where i make minu. termination to it. the Problem my Gateway start to give signal as soon as a call come to it, and the only solution i see is the polarity reverse, and with this one i have two issues: through elastix extension i become an answer for 55Sec but in the CDR there is 0sec FAILD, and through the A2Billing there is the right time but i heare nothing even the side B answer the call. Would you please tell me how you solve the problem, i am not using Zapta, or DAHDI or something i ma connecting to the External Gateway throgh SIP_Trunk, any idea will be great. thanks in advance.

Hosted Voice Broadcast