provided by Star2Billing S.L.

Support A2Billing :
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:07 am
Auto Dialer Software

All times are UTC

Post subject: Distributed A2B Setup
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 1:58 am 

Hi All,

I am new to A2B, and I would like to know how to setup an A2Billing system for multiple Asterisk boxes. I currently have 2 Asterisk servers up and running at 2 different locations...I also have a MySQL database and a HTTP web server running on a 3rd box.

I would like to run Callback Services on my Asterisk boxes, and have the the CDR information etc. stored in the MySQL database. At the same time, I would like to provide my customers with web access to purchase minutes, etc.

Is this possible with A2B? I know it is, I just don't know how to set it up. I guess what I'd really like to now is where would the A2B platform reside...on my each of my Asterisk boxes, or on my Web/Database server?

Thanks,

razor

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 10:11 pm 

I have multiple servers each with a2billing installed, all pointing at one mysql server. That's pretty much it.

regards

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:15 pm 

Middletn,

Can you provide more details? I want to use 3 servers, 2 for Asterisk and one dedicated to A2billing. The * will do the origination and termination. From what you're saying all switches has to have the a2billing installed. Please clarify.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 4:38 pm 

OK, in brief

Simple way is to load a2billing files on to each server. All admin and UI is done on your dedicated server. On the asterisk machines, simply modify the db section to point to the IP of the A2B server. That's all there is to it.

Now, as a2Billing uses the asterisk.conf files, simply setup a cron job every 60 seconds to copy the budy files using rsync, to the two asterisk servers. Schedule reloads on each asterisk server for say 5 minutes.

Now you can get a bit clever, and sync the mysql databases on the asterisk servers from the master, and work out a fail over strategy, but that's beyond this forum.

Hope this helps.

regards

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 5:40 pm 

middletn wrote:
... and work out a fail over strategy, but that's beyond this forum.

I don't think it is. There should be a thread to let people discuss about how to implement a2b in a "highly available" and "large scale" manner. The discussions can help improve the current documentation and our productivity.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 9:50 pm 

asiby wrote:
middletn wrote:
... and work out a fail over strategy, but that's beyond this forum.

I don't think it is. There should be a thread to let people discuss about how to implement a2b in a "highly available" and "large scale" manner. The discussions can help improve the current documentation and our productivity.

True, but perhaps not in the install area. Maybe a new section? Let's face it, we're talking mysql sync methods, round robin DNS etc.

regards

Post subject: High Availabilty
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 12:27 am 

I too am very interested in this topic. My client base is growing and I would love to learn how to do this. I am not experienced with MySQL. Any help would greatly be appreciated. Can we start a new topic perhaps under miscellaneous?

:D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 3:20 pm 

With constant posts referencing this and SER, all trying to accomplish the same task (expansion of A2B beyond one box), I think that a new Forum Section probably is warranted ?? :idea:

Post subject: I agree....
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 3:22 pm 

Lets see what we can do?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 3:28 pm 

Rather than a forum dedicated to scalable / highly-available A2B, how about a forum named "Best Practices" which would cover everything between 'Install' and 'Bugs'?

Post subject: Sounds good!
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 4:17 pm 

Stavros,

As usual you always he a good answer!

Post subject: middletn....Why don't you
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 12:01 am 

Why don't you just post your config's on how you got your existing scenario to work with 2 Sterisk servers and 1 A2billing based on the initial question asked in the forum. By so doing, documentation could start from there. If you know it, please share with the community. Just a thought.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:22 am 

I've had so many people asking me how I set it up, that I really need to put a document together I think. Then this can be posted on the Wiki

regards

Post subject: Re: Distributed A2B Setup
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:43 pm 

Hi reading the posting about hosting the A2B webpages on another server, only talked about running multiple servers.

I am wondering if there is a way top host the A2B webpages on a shared web hosting server?

VoIP Billing solution