Support A2Billing :

provided by Star2Billing S.L.

Support A2Billing :
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:10 am
Auto Dialer Software

All times are UTC

Post subject: require free minutes functionality help...
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:13 am 

hi guys, i m trying to implement free minutes functionality of a2billing in a my network, what exactly i want to do is to give every client some specific minutes for calling in a network, and that with balance of 0 credit.., and the call should be hung up after the fnishing of that free minutes

i also tried ,

min_credit_2call= -0.01 which was specified in some topic.

now when i set BUYING RATE=0 and SELLING RATE=0 and gave free minutes = 300(any number) sec , then it works fine but the issue is instead of 300(any) seconds it says 90 minutes,

now what should i do?

pls help me friends.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:00 am 

Hi

I think you are getting a bit mixed up with the way that this works.

When setting the rate, you would put in the normal selling rate, and ensure that it is ticked as a free minutes destination. Additionally, you have to tell the call-plan which package offer it is associated with.

when the 300 minutes are used up, then the system will attempt to charge for the call at the rate you have set, but the customer will have insufficient credit to continue.

Additionally, I would take another approach, and rather than doing minimum credit to call, I would create the card with a small balance on it.

If I understand correctly what steps you have taken, then the customer would be able to call indefinitely.

Note that A2Billing restricts the maximum length of the call in the dial string in a2billing.conf.

Joe

Post subject: thanks for reply
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:19 am 

i have to put zero balance and i have gave LC TYPE= LCR,
now can u tell me in brief that what exactly step i should have to refer.???

cant we call with balance 0 and have some free minutes?
i just want to use that free minutes without any credit,

plzzz

thanks again...waiting for reply

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:40 am 

The info is all in the post above, but to make even more simple:-

create package with x seconds in it
Create ratetable
Edit call-plan
select package offer
Add ratetable
Add rate to ratetable
use free time to call = yes

then

Create card
Put tiny balance on card to allow calls.
test

Post subject: and one more thing i want to ask that,
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:25 am 

dear my question is still there, i asked that a call with 0 credit and free minutes,,,,,,,?

means when we connect call first it will say u have 0 usd, and then it asks to enter destination now when i enter number it says sorry not enought balance to call, and i hate that thing,
so,
is it possible what i m saying, "call in a network with 0 credit and 5 mins free"???

thankssss

Added after 6 minutes:

when we call some destination, and we have both free minutes and main balance, then the call will be charged from main credit,

so when will be that free minutes used? means how to use that instead of main balance though we r having main balance???

i think u got me...right

well i m new to a2billing, and i know u r getting tired to answer but knowledge is the only thing that will be increased by sharing....

so thanksssss reply plsss

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:27 am 

A tiny figure like 0.0001 would be read out as Zero.

If you go with your original solution regarding min credit to call, which you can if you wish, it may cause some undesirable effects later.

Post subject: okkk
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:31 am 

any else change i should have to make except this tiny figure, in balance to allow callsss????

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:39 am 

Try it and see how you get on. When you have played with it, let us know.

You may want to change your keyboard as well, it seems to have an annoyingly sticky sssss key

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:41 am 

okk buddy, thanks for the replies, will play with it,,,,

take care

Post subject: hey hiiiiiiiii again
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:42 am 

guyzzz, i think that we must have to done some modification in a2billing.php file,

i tried a lot but couldnt succeed, so can u pls suggest me, what should be the changes????????

thanks

Post subject: plsssssss reply
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 6:50 am 

anybody there to help?//

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:07 am 

It is possible to call with a zero balance and benefit from the free minutes. I am doing it right now. Just make sure that min_credit_2call = 0, and follow the instructions that jroper outlined in his posts.

If people call within the free destinations, the call will be possible even with a zero balance. The message saying that they have insufficient credit to call will be heard only with they call a non free destination.

If that doesn't work for you, then you are certainly doing something else wrong cause all you need is right there in jroper's replies. Two possible common mistakes are:

- You have not activated the field called "USE FREE TIME TO CALL PACKAGE" in the rate

- You have not attached the desired package (with free time) to the Call Plan that you are using.

Cheers

Post subject: min_credit_2call
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 4:39 am 

welll buddy, i have followed every step which u and jropper has mentioned above but still i m getting prompt of not enough balance to call and enter another extension to call,..........

what should be my other mistakes?

even i hv set min_credit_2call = 0

and have put tiny balance of 0.01 usd in card, still not getting succeed, plss tell me what to do now.

Added after 52 seconds:

Quote:
If people call within the free destinations, the call will be possible even with a zero balance. The message saying that they have insufficient credit to call will be heard only with they call a non free destination.

how can we know that the destination we r using is free or not?????

plssss

[min_credit_2call=0]
i have set this value in class.RateEngine.php

where else it can be set and how to set??????

help me sooon, its very urgent for me now

thanks in advance

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 4:47 am 

Your last question says it all. :D

Under RATECARDS, Click on Browse Rates and bring up one of the rates that is supposed to be for a free destination. Edit it. A form will show up. Right? Now in that form, the last 2 fields are: USE FREE TIME TO CALL PACKAGE and CIDGroup. The one that we want to use is USE FREE TIME TO CALL PACKAGE. Read its description and set it to Yes.

Once done, this destination will be able to use free time packages.

Repeat these steps for each destination that you wish to offer free time packages with.

Don't forget to check if the call plan is using a free time package.

Good luck

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 4:59 am 

arpitrmodi wrote:
[min_credit_2call=0]
i have set this value in class.RateEngine.php

where else it can be set and how to set??????
I only ever change this in the configuration file, a2billing.conf. If you're going to modify the code yourself, you get to support it yourself; we're not willing to deal with the repercussions your changes may have.

arpitrmodi wrote:
what should be my other mistakes?
I really don't know. The instructions here and in several other threads have been sufficient for many folks to successfully implement FT2C packages.
arpitrmodi wrote:
how can we know that the destination we r using is free or not?????
As Asiby helpfully explained in his post, which immediately preceeds your question, this is one of the two most common mistakes :
asiby wrote:
You have not activated the field called "USE FREE TIME TO CALL PACKAGE" in the rate

artpitrmodi wrote:
help me sooon, its very urgent for me now
Perhaps you should consider paying for support if this is needed so urgently. I'm sure anyone with an ounce of familiarity with A2Billing will get this working for you in no time.

Added after 5 minutes:

---------------
Asiby, you clearly have more patience than I with folks that refuse to read what has clearly been stated countless times now. You're a credit to this forum, and put my impatience to shame. :oops:

Hosted Voice Broadcast