It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:13 am
Hosted Voice Broadcast

All times are UTC

Post subject: Customer UI on a different server
PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:05 pm 

Hello,

This has been answered before in

http://forum.asterisk2billing.org/viewtopic.php?t=2581

But I haven't been able to get it to work. I have done exactly as required. That is I copied the Customer UI and Signup in my webserver, copied the a2billing.conf in /etc/asterisk/ folder on my webserver and pointed the database on the webserver to my original server. i.e. in a2billing.conf, I changed the hostname under database settings to the ip address of the webserver, i.e. x.x.x.x The port number is 5432. I've also tried 3306.

I also pointed the Manager_host under Manager connection parameters to the ip address of the server, tried without it as well. Tried to change locations of the a2billing.conf, but it still isnt working.

All I can see is the below error.

"Invalid card number lenght defined in configuration"

I would appreciate if anyone can guide me to the right direction as to what am i doing wrong.

Also a suggestion if this would be the right approach to make the Customer Interface seperate? I personally wouldn't be comfortable taking hits directly on my asterisk server, hence requiring an alternate.

Thank you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:47 am 

Anyone ? :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:58 am 

Hi

Have you checked the database permissions on the MySQL to allow connections from the IP address with the customer pages on it?

Joe

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:43 pm 

Thanks for your reply.

Yes. I have allowed connection from any host for now, just to get it to work somehow. Just to confirm, a2billing.conf is located in /etc/asterisk/ folder.
I have placed the A2Billing_UI and A2BCustomer_UI in exactly the same folders on the webserver as they were in the asterisk server /var/www/html/
but still no use. :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:51 pm 

Can you confirm that the A2Billing.conf on the web server has the right details in it, pointing at the right IP address and on port 3306

You can leave a2billing.conf on the original asterisk server as is pointing to localhost to check the database is there and working.

Set permissions on A2Billing.conf to be readable by the local web server.

ensure you have not got any firewalling in the way, ie, if you are using PBX in a Flash, 3306 will be closed by IP tables.

Then check all available logs which purtain to the the process, e.g apache logs

Joe

Post subject: Re: Customer UI on a different server
PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 8:23 pm 

Did you figure out how to make it work yet?

I tried it on a webhosting server and I have access problems on /etc and I was getting loads of errors.

Now, I signed up for a dedicated server (Cloud) and installed CentOS 5.3, Apache, PHP on it.

I then copied exact same things from my a2billing server. (I only copied the A2BCustomer_UI though). I do not need the admin access on the new webserver.

When I try to go:

http:/my.IP.Address/A2BCustomer_UI/index.php

Nothing loads - it's a blank page.

I opened up both 5432 and 3306 ports. No luck. I checked the access_log for apache and I don't see any hit from the webserver. But If I go directly to the a2billing server from my browser. It loads the customer login page and I see the log in the apahce access log.

Anything I am missing? Has anyone made it work?

Hosted Voice Broadcast