provided by Star2Billing S.L.

Support A2Billing :
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:52 am
VoIP Billing solution

All times are UTC

Post subject: using a2billing for pbx in a flash
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 10:17 am 

hello,

i have installed the pbx in a flash system and all is up to date. so far all works fine with the pbx, i can place calls internally as well as outbound to our sip provider. receiving calls is no problem either. now i like to get to the next step and have all calls outbound via a2billin as well as inbound. what i have done so far without success:

i have created a customer with 10 euro credit. i have a call plan, rate card and rates. in freepbx i put the cardnumber of the customer into the field accountcode of the extension in question. i have a2billing configured not to ask for calling card number and not to announce any credit. instead its supposed to pass the call straight to the sip trunk. next i have setup a custom trunk with the dial string local/$OUTNUM$@a2billing. i added a route which is routing all numbers starting with 0 to the trunk. in a2billing i have configured the trunk with the asterisk name of my existing trunk to my sip provider. the trunk in freepbx is called smart, that is what i have typed into the field provider ip. if i now try to make a call outbound i don't succeed, i get a busy signal.

before i post elaborate log files here i am wondering if my approach is generally correct or am i missing something ? the pbx in a flash comes with 2 custom destinations called A2Billing and A2Billing-DID. i am wondering if i need to utilize them somewhere ?

any help is appreciated.

kind regards
Jan

Post subject: Re: using a2billing for pbx in a flash
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 2:42 pm 

You can have a look on the following link which might help

http://www.pbxinaflash.com/forum/showpost.php?p=17291&postcount=6

Vino

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 11:28 am 

hi again,

thanks for the link above. i seem to get calls routed into a2billing but i cant seem to get the trunk in a2billing to work. i am not clear how i configure a trunk in a2billing. can someone provide an example ?

regards
Jan

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 3:37 pm 

hello again,

i have been looking through the forum for hours and was not able to find any information which would help me regarding the trunk. i have the trunk configured in freepbx and it works fine if i do NOT use a2billing. as soon as i use the same trunk name in a2billing nothing happens. a2billing does handle the call but i can't actually make the call outbound. i have no clue what too look for now and i don't find any hint in the forum either. can anybody help ? i can post logfiles and so on if needed. but maybe someone has a step by step guide ?

kind regards
Jan

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 9:28 am 

problem solved,

i got paid support from asterisk2billing and it was fixed within 1 hour.

thanks a lot joe, much appreciated.

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 7:34 am 

hi,
do you remember what they did?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 10:21 am 

i have the trunk configured in freepbx and it works fine if i do NOT use a2billing. as soon as i use the same trunk name in a2billing nothing happens. a2billing does handle the call but i can't actually make the call outbound.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 6:01 am 

i have the trunk configured in freepbx and it works fine if i do NOT use a2billing. as soon as i use the same trunk name in a2billing nothing happens. a2billing does handle the call but i can't actually make the call outbound.

Predictive Dialer