Support A2Billing :

provided by Star2Billing S.L.

Support A2Billing :
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:55 am
Voice Broadcast System

All times are UTC

Post subject: International 011 problem.........
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 7:43 pm 

I've got a new PIAF/FreePBX A2Billing install with a single trunk and a bit of a problem with international (non-US) dialing. Local US calls work well (1+NXXNXXXXXX), but I can't seem to get the 011 prefix sent to the provider for international calls. Taking A2Billing out of the equation, local and international calls work just fine, so I know the providers trunk in FreePBX is setup properly.

From the logs, what I seem to be running into is this. When the call plan is set to remove the intern prefix, A2B finds the ratecard and the call is sent but the provider fails the call as 011 is not sent out the trunk. When the call plan doesn't remove the intern prefix, the billing engine can't match a ratecard and fails the call, presumably due to the leading prefix. Any ideas or suggestions that I can try?

Post subject: Re: International 011 problem.........
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 9:56 pm 

Hi

It's an unusual carrier that requires the 011, normally, most accept IETF format.

However, I would say that given this situation, you have done correctly by removing the 011 international prefix, then in the A2Billing trunk pertaining to this particular carrier, put the 011 back in again with add prefix.

You will need two trunks, one for national calls, with no 011 pre-pended, and an international one to match international rates with 011 added.

joe

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 10:59 pm 

Hi Joe, thanks for the solution. The carrier is voip.ms for this install and AFAIK they require 011 or 00 leading the country code. It certainly seems to be the case.

Jeff

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 9:54 pm 

hi jroper i think all usa require 011 for international.. and i never have an issue with asterisk

but in a2billing when my providers exports rates as
404490 us atlanta
40 rome

how are we suppose to seperate them when.. example when i dial rome, it goes through the local trunk instead of the international trunk. i dial 011 but i have the call plan remove it since it isn't in the actual rate..

is there a way that call plan can remove the 011 from the rate search, BUT pass it on as to the rate cards so we can use a rate card based on it still?

Hosted Voice Broadcast