provided by Star2Billing S.L.

Support A2Billing :
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:04 am
Predictive Dialer

All times are UTC

Post subject: Need Help
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:43 am 

Hi guys/gals

I am going to sound silly and stupid after using a2billing for a few years.I was mainly using a2billing for billing a few odd clients i get in my office. However now i am trying to offer them the facility to try and call from their homes. However i am lost and confused and brain frozen. I can get a few lines from the telephone company which i want to hook up to something to be answered by a2billing. How do i go about it? What do i need to buy, which will allow me to do this? I googled for a whole week and i am missing something. What i want is something fairly simple, a client calls one of my numbers i provide him and he gets a dial tone and can call out through voip to his destination? Any help would be appreciated. i dont want to plug any cards into my asterisk box if possible. Please don't laugh:) :?:

Post subject: Re: Need Help
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:49 am 

If you are asking what hardware you need, then you will have to look for an FXO PCI card for your server to terminate the phone company's telephone line into it to be able to forward it to A2Billing. That can be a Sangoma (the best) or a Digium card.

However, easier route will be to order yourself a DID which doesn't require any hardware. The DID provider will forward the calls to your IP and they will provide with an incoming number. Search Google for FREE DID for USA or check one of the paid services e.g. didww, didx, voxbone, vbuzzer, etc...

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:24 am 

Hi

In terms of getting calls from the home, you have two options open to you:-

1. VoIP service - give the customer some sort of VoIP device, and set it up to go through A2Billing
2. CallThrough Service - Get a DID from an online VoIP provider as Bruce describes, and point it at A2Billing. Customer dials access number from home phone, gets secondary dial tone, makes call.

Joe

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:21 pm 

Thanks Guys. Most of these clients do not have internet or are not internet savvy and they do not want to use internet as they are here for temporary work. All they want is pick up a phone and dial an access number. I forgot to mention that there is only one public telephone company which doesn't encourage voip operators but actually make life difficult for them (dont live in the US or Europe?) and hence the idea of getting dids locally is a no go. I did ask the telephone company for a isdn line which they quoted at 6000 euros per month, which is like four times my sales:). SO i decided to get just a few normal telephone lines. Is there some kind of box not a pci card that i have to plug in to my asterisk box? Is there something i have to do in astersik to configure the fxo card? Please excuse me if i am not supposed to ask these type of questions here.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:24 am 

You can ask any type of a question you want. Though these questions would be easily answered by your local/national Asterisk User Group. There are many brands of gateways out there (FXO box gateway) including ones from Linksys. I have a Welltech 4 port FXO gateway that is a simple box (actually laying around un-used) and can register to any Asterisk system. However, the PCI card probably gives you a better performance; at least the sangoma ones do.

Hosted Voice Broadcast