Support A2Billing :

provided by Star2Billing S.L.

Support A2Billing :
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:23 pm
Predictive Dialer

All times are UTC

Post subject: Instalation ver 1.4 faill
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:17 pm 

Hi, Everybody. First sorry my english, my native language is Brazilian Portuguese.

I've a dedicated server tha in firste intalation had Debian (OS).I tried to instal A2b folowing the step by step , ( http://www.asterisk2billing.org/cgi-bin ... stallation) , it don't run OK. Then I sent email to ..@a2billing
and, Jonathan Roper / Areski answer:

Thank you for your enquiry, and sorry for the delay in replying.
We would normally do our commercial installs on CentOS 5.x. We would prefer to start with a fresh install of CentOS, then we know that everything is as it should be.
and thei offer to instal by xxx euros...
I contact my host server, and thei changed my SO to Centos linke sugested.. (I spend U$50,00) to change SO.
When I tryed again the same step by step , dont run again..
Can someone help me in this installation?

my best regards

Post subject: Re: Instalation ver 1.4 faill
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:07 pm 

Hi

You must chose the OS that best suits both the application and your existing skills. We use CentOS, because we care comfortable with it, and like the long lifecycle. Anyone one else may take a different view.

I've fished out the email that you sent to us, where you explained what the problem was:-

Quote:
but when I type the command :
/usr/local/src/a2billing# mysql -u root -p < DataBase/mysql/Mysql-5.x/a2billing-createdb-user.sql -bash: DataBase/mysql/Mysql-5.x/a2billing-createdb-user.sql: No such file or directory

Comparing that with the set of instructions in the debian install you linked to here, I can now see where the problem lies.

The system has told you that there is no file at DataBase/mysql/Mysql-5.x/ called a2billing-createdb-user.sql, so you need to go back and check that the path is correct.

Checking the path, we find that a2billing-createdb-user.sql is actually located in DataBase\mysql-5.x\ so should you change the command to read:-
Quote:
mysql -u root -p < DataBase/Mysql-5.x/a2billing-createdb-user.sql

it will most likely work for you.

However, you wrote to us 12 days ago, and turned down our offer of installation and training, which you are welcome to do, however, with the greatest of respect, I do find myself concerned that you are stuck with this very elementary mistake which you have not been able to sort out for yourself over the intervening time, and I would strongly suggest that you do purchase some assistance from somewhere to get the installation done in a secure and stable manner, so you can get on with the job of building and selling your products, not mucking around with the installation, that you do not have to do very often anyway, if at all.

I express these concerns in the light of a comment in a recent post -

Quote:
"JOE ROPER'S A2BILLING TUTORIALS MAKE THE PROCESS SO EASY MY MOM CAN DO IT! ..."
Source - viewtopic.php?f=22&t=6560 however, I did not write the tutorial to which you refer.

There are some of our customers on these forums who have passed the business of installation over to us, and got on with learning the application thenselves, with a great deal of success.

Joe

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:15 pm 

OK Joe, I'm very happy with your post.Thank You very much.

for now my intention is to study the functioning of a2billing.
no intention of selling him. So Gostari an indication of what the server instal So, imagine Hundreds same. But how to install Centos on the step by step is for Debian? as I said in the email I sent to starbillig not have the money to pay for the installation. resorted to for this forum.
I can help with the translation into Portuguese of Brazil, because I saw in the demo, many words that can be improved ... but would like to work with a2billing in my server to learn and give suggestions.
I will request to format my server and Centos install ... Do you think then step by step will work?
My best regards
Jorge

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:36 pm 

Quote:
Do you think then step by step will work?

Maybe someone else who has followed my and other peoples guides for installation on CentOS can chime in here, and give some reassurance that the system will work.

Joe

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:58 pm 

Greetings
Ok , Joe ... I'm waiting my server be formated and the new istall the CentOs is done
I'll trye again..Just please confirm that your step by step is posted here (http://www.asterisk2billing.org/cgi-bin ... ATIONGUIDE).. if not where I can acces your step by step .
my best regards

Hosted Voice Broadcast