It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:29 pm
Voice Broadcast System

All times are UTC

Post subject: how to update existing rates with new rates using import
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:56 am 

Hi,

I have an A-Z ratecard with over 1200 rates
I frequently get new updated rates from the termination provider
When I import the new ratecard into the existing ratecard, I see all the country, destination, etc. are duplicated with old rates and new rates. So it looks something like:

afghanistan 93 0.245 0.304 2009-11-26 02:12:24 2019-11-26 02:12:24 <--- Old rate for afgan
afghanistan 93 0.235 0.294 2009-11-26 02:12:24 2019-11-26 02:12:24 <--- New rate for afgan

What I have been doing to avoid this is to delete the existing rate and just import the fresh ratecard with the same rate card name but the problem is the ratecard ID keeps increasing which is a problem as it become difficult to show the rates on the webpage also not sure if there is final limit on the ratecard ID number?

Thanks for any help on this. I did a search on this, there are topics related to ratecard importing and errors but could not find anything that answers the above problem.

KK

Post subject: Re: how to update existing rates with new rates using import
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:15 am 

Well, I think, I got my answers and solution:

One of the post was talking about how to delete all the rates - unlike me where I want to delete certain rates - which in my case older rates.

Starvos suggested the use of search option and then it will display a delete all button for someone to delete all the rates.

So in my case, what I did was, I had already imported the rates, so I did a refined search based on when the old rates were imported which was basically the 'start date' and 'end date' and then simply used the delete all which deleted all the old rates keeping the new rates.

I guess, next time, I can simply delete the old rates, keeping the rate card intact but without any rates in it and then import the rates.

Now my next question would be how to reuse the OLD deleted ratecard ID. I am up to Rate Card ID 12, where I only have two rate cards. If there is a way to change the ID from 12 to 2 that would be great.

Thanks,

Kim

Voice Broadcast System