provided by Star2Billing S.L.

Support A2Billing :
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:13 am
VoIP Billing solution

All times are UTC

Post subject: How to interrupt IVR during data entering
PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:56 pm 

Hello,

I have A2Billing (Version 1.3.4) and Asterisk (Version 1.4) which are working hand in hand very nicely. Currently, when the Asterisk Box is making the announcement such as "Requesting for PIN" or announcing the “User’s Balance”, the user should wait for the IVR to be finished and should not enter any requested information “Digits”. In the case that a user enters the requested information “Digits” while the IVR is ON, some of the digits will not be received by the Asterisk and consequently wrong information “Digits” will be collected and processed by the system (Asterisk & A2Billing).

If I am not mistaken the way the Asterisk acts will be dictated by “a2billing.php” and “a2billing.conf” files. I have check these two file and have not been able to find anything to result in what I am trying o achieve.

Is there any way I can configure the A2Billing to receive data from user while announcing or preferably interrupt the IVR once the user starts entering the digits “information” which was requested by the A2Billing?

I simply don't wish the user to wait till the IVR is done.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Babak

Post subject: Re: How to interrupt IVR during data entering
PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:20 am 

Hey All,

I'm a n00b at this forum and don't know where to post this. I'm installing a system for a calling card app and we simply *must* have the ability to barge over the account balance announcement. I'm about to add a digitbuffer member variable to the A2Billing class so if anyone interrupts a prompt in fct_say_balance, it will set the digitbuffer and return. Any further processing can read the digitbuffer and prepend the digit to subsequent input.

I've used this trick with several AGI apps in Perl and Asterisk-Java in the past.

I don't want to do this if someone has already come up with a solution for interrupting the balance and time prompts. I'll watch the forum for a response, and will write it this week.

I'll pass the source back to y'all somehow.

Roger

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:48 am 

Hello Roger,

If you are willing to contribute a patch I will advice you to open a ticket on Trac.
a digitBuffer would be a nice addition.

Yours,
/Areski

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:02 pm 

Hi there

Is there any progress on this, this would be a great addition to A2Billing.

SW

VoIP Billing solution