Support A2Billing :

provided by Star2Billing S.L.

Support A2Billing :
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:50 pm
VoIP Billing solution

All times are UTC

Add the Multi-Currency Rate Cards for better foreign currency support?
Yes with Individual Buying and Selling Currency 75%  75%  [ 9 ]
Yes with only a single Ratecard currency 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
No Need, I will convert it myself and make more work for me. 25%  25%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 12
 Post subject: Multicurrency Ratecards?
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 3:30 am 

Hello,

Not sure if this has been implemented however I would like to see a base currency for each rate card.

It would do the following:
1: When entering a new rate card for a terminator, you enter their rate card currency charge.

2: The rate card currency would have 2 currency rates. One for buying and one for selling. eg: USD for Rate card #1 for buying and USD for selling. The purpose for this is if you want to ensure you have a floating or fixed rate for your rate cards. If you set it to USD/USD, this will make it into a floating rate card when your default base currency is other than USD. If you set it to USD/Default Base Currency, then you have a fixed rate card that will not fluctuate with the foreign exchange rates.

3: When the charge for a call is set, it will check what is the default base currency(DBC) of the system is in. If the DBC is in CAD and your rate card Selling rate is in USD, then the system will calculate and store the CDR with the default base currency amount. This way you ensure that you protect your rate cards (and reduce a lot of maintenance) from the fluctuations of currency exchanging. If your DBC is CAD and your Selling rate is also in CAD, then since it is a 1:1 conversion, it will always be the value of the selling rate in the rate card table. This is for people who want to have a fixed rate so that it does not fluctuate on their clients.

4: If your Terminator is a prepaid service, add a new "Enter Terminator payments" and enter the date, amount deposited and previous balance BALANCE for the provider and record that day's exchange rate so that all CDR Call Rate buying rates are recorded with the exact cost of termination from that specific date. This will allow you to track your costs, your provider's leakover costs (when you terminate a call at 60 seconds but your provider charged you for 66 seconds) , and allow you to ensure that your provider does not try to pull a fast one on you by posting one rate and charging you another rate. ***TRUST ME This happened to me already***

Right now, international people have to manually go into Excel/OOo Calc and manually factor in currency exchange, profit, and modify the selling prices accordingly. By implementing the above features, we can then ensure that our costs are in check with our profits without the limitations of running a single currency system (That is you will be running a SINGLE DEFAULT BASE CURRENCY, but that currency in doing Wholesaler 2 Reseller would not be just in USD with the above implementation). At the same time, you end up making the software internationally friendly by allowing existing A2Billing users to take full advantage of the local currency and not have their customers to pay in USD.

By giving us this functionality, the software will allow us to better manage our costs, ensure we are not getting ripped off, and to see how much "extra fees" the provider is actually charging.

I hope others will concur with the above features.

*** Extra Bonus features that would be nice ***
- Add a foreign currency +-x% so that it would add x% to the currency exchange if exchange is above 1, then it will add x% to the rate, if it is below 1 it will subtract x% from the current rate. This is to allow us to adjust the bank rate for the currency.

Last edited by cyberglobe on Sat Jun 02, 2007 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Bounty added
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 10:39 am 

$200 USD Bounty added via Paypal for this feature request. Anyone else need it? Feel free to add a bounty to help it get made faster. Any amount will suffice.

VoIP Billing solution