provided by Star2Billing S.L.

Support A2Billing :
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:38 pm
VoIP Billing solution

All times are UTC

Post subject: using new cards should also ask for passwords
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 1:47 pm 

Hello,

Just was wondering when someone enters a new card number, they should also be asked to enter the password on the card account. the reasoning behind this is that someone can setup an auto dialer and start guessing at card numbers.

Since you have printed a few thousand card numbers, eventually the autodialer guy could eventually hit a right number sequence. It is a slim chance but I would like to offer them a much harder time by asking for card number and password before returning an invalid number response.

This way, they have to get the number AND password before getting a reply that it is good or bad.

This should also apply to vouchers. Add passwords to vouchers too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 3:11 pm 

I think it's a good idea cyberglobe, and it has been on my todo list for quite a while. I just didn't have enough time to focus on it. In order to make thinks harder, I suggest that if someone enters a wrong password more than 5 times the card will be deactivated.

I needed this feature because in a house hold where different roomates have access to the same phone, and with callerid authentication activated, one cannot keep the others from using his account. So I am planning to allow more than one card to have the same caller id and each of these cards will have a password. Then, during the callback process, the card will be chosen based on the password entered.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 4:56 pm 

asiby wrote:
I think it's a good idea cyberglobe, and it has been on my todo list for quite a while. I just didn't have enough time to focus on it. In order to make thinks harder, I suggest that if someone enters a wrong password more than 5 times the card will be deactivated.

Well 5 times might be too short but in all honesty, since you don't verify after entering the password no real reason to lock it out since even if you enter an invalid key it will still ask for a password to enter as well so guessing does not work.

Maybe set it to 50 times just in case.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 7:06 pm 

Yep. You are right. I was going a bit to paranoid. 50 times should do just fine.

Predictive Dialer