Support A2Billing :

provided by Star2Billing S.L.

Support A2Billing :
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:25 pm
Auto Dialer Software

All times are UTC

Post subject: Multiple plan for 1 customer
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 4:08 pm 

I would like to have the same user (as a person) to have more than one calling plan with the same callerid. Even if I create to separate card for the same person, I will not be able to attach the same callerid more than once.

I am thinking about this new feature that will allow more than one tariffgroup to be attached to the same calling card. Or, we can have a totally separate customer module that can have many calling card attached to it. Each calling card having just one tariffgroup as it is now.

What do you think?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 5:52 am 

First off, why do you want to have multiple tariff groups for a customer.
secondly, If you force your client to call a DID that always asks for your pin number, then he can use different tariffs by entering the different PIN cards.
third, this would be good for the password protection system described here
http://forum.asterisk2billing.org/viewtopic.php?t=2147
This way, you will be asked for your PIN number which you can assign yourself.
So, when the customer tries to dialin, he will get a prompt 'enter PIN'. If customer entered pin 1111 then he using his first card, if he did PIN 2222 then he using his 2nd card, etc...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:07 pm 

Quote:
First off, why do you want to have multiple tariff groups for a customer.

For now, I have 2 calling plans. One for unlimited calls to some destinations, and another one that will apply a "per minute" rate to every calls.

The problem is that some customers may choose to apply for both plans. This is mainly due to the following:

- This is a cid-callback prepaid service.
- For monthly unlimited call, only destinations that are unlimited are available.
- For "per minute" calls, all destinations will be billed.
- We do not want to have 0$ rates in the system because the "per minutes" clients will be using them also. Unless we duplicate all the rates for the entire world (more than 4500 individuals rates). Is this realistic?
- The reason for not making "per minutes" destinations available to "unlimited" clients is that a client could have used up all of his account balance same day by calling non "unlimited" destination, and then they will take advantage of the "unlimited" feature for the rest of the month. By making simple calculation, you will quickly find out that this will not be a good idea. But We also want to allow "unlimited" users to have access to the full list of destinations. And we hope to do this by having a second calling card to their name. But due to the fact that this is a callerid callback service, and that we cannot attach the same callerid more than once to more than one callingcard in a2billing, this becomes a problem for us. Do you understand?

I hope that my message is not confusing and that you understand my needs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 10:00 am 

Simple fix to your solution:

min_credit_2call=0.01

By setting this, you ensure that if their balance reaches 0.00 then they can not make calls.

Set the per minute charge for your unlimited routes to 0.00001 so that atleast they have some value (eg: 1000 minutes for $0.01 or 0.00001 per minute)

Now when the account comes to under $0.01 the unlimited calls will not work until they top off the card.

So for your unlimited clients do the above and charge them Unlimited and per minute and make your ratecard accordingly for the Unlimited account.

For the Metered clients, just set up a ratecard for them as well. with the normal rates.

This way, if your client is on the unlimited plan, as long as they have credit in the account they are unlimited. If they got no credit, then they must top off to continue service.

Do you think that would fix your situation?

VoIP Billing solution