Support A2Billing :

provided by Star2Billing S.L.

Support A2Billing :
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:28 pm
Voice Broadcast System

All times are UTC

Post subject: Make credit card purchase on the phone
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 1:20 am 

Sorry if this had been requested before or is already in the new version, but I was wondering.

Now that the system supports authorize.net Why not give the clients the choice to purchase more time before they make a call and allow them to key in their credit card #, date, avs and billing address zip and make the purchase before making a call out?

Then you could make an option for clients who can call your system and get a PIN by purchasing it while on the phone?

Thank you

KieranMullen

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:52 am 

That will be a cool feature and make it customer friendly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:11 am 

I thought the whole point of using payment gateways (such as Paypal, Moneybookers and Authorize.net) was so that we don't have anything to do with credit card numbers, and therefore don't need a merchant account. I've a feeling that if you start collecting credit card information yourself then the payment gateways will no longer want to deal with you. In fairness you wouldn't want to deal with them either, as your merchant account will have much better rates.
Disclaimer: I'm no bean-counter; this might all be a figment of my imagination.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:19 am 

Your response makes no sense.

A2B could merely pass the information to the payment info to the gateway in the same manner as the website.However when using the phone you system would translate tones to numbers, and take the response from the gateway and make it audible. (accepted denied etc)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:21 am 

Stavros,

I am looking at a model that works with the payment gateways, so another option to the web interface. This phone interface will be for existing customers, who can recharge the account through the phone instead.

It is still going through Paypal etc but just adding another method of access. The phone identifies the user account and user enter the last 4 digits of their account or credit card then a2billing automatically sends their info to the payment gateway where their card is charged.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:59 am 

kieranmullen wrote:
Your response makes no sense.
If you say so. I still believe to legally collect credit card information you need a credit card merchant account.

Quote:
A2B could merely pass the information to the payment info to the gateway in the same manner as the website.However when using the phone you system would translate tones to numbers, and take the response from the gateway and make it audible. (accepted denied etc)
I can't find a suitable product on Paypal.com. Unless of course we captured the user's Paypal username and password. I can't see you having many takers for that one.

broadbandvoice wrote:
It is still going through Paypal etc but just adding another method of access. The phone identifies the user account and user enter the last 4 digits of their account or credit card then a2billing automatically sends their info to the payment gateway where their card is charged.
Which paypal product allows for this?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 5:58 pm 

Oh paypal.com. Sorry, paypal.com is a toy.

I have authorize.net

Hosted Voice Broadcast