provided by Star2Billing S.L.

Support A2Billing :
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:26 am
Hosted Voice Broadcast

All times are UTC

Post subject: Must to set pound key # after dialed number
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 10:05 am 

Please help!

Is it possible to set pound key [ # ] after dialed numbers. means users must have to enter pound key [ # ] after their numbers.

Now option is users enter the pound key [ # ] or not - call will go out.

But if it is must to enter pound key [ # ] after dialed number then there is no possibility that call will go out by users own telecom operator.

Thank s to all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 12:12 pm 

PLease!

ANybody having any idea? - is there any way to set it?

thansk & regards

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 3:08 pm 

That's the problem of converting an sequential dialing to a 'block' dialing system:
SIP, IAX, H323 etc. systems need to know the *whole* number in order to dial it. However, the user dials the number one digit at a time.
So, our system cannot know when the number is complete, in order to send it. One solution would be, if the number was fixed-length (for example, all Greek phones have 10 digits). Unfortunately, we want international dialing, so you cannot know all 400 lengths (if you make one wrong, you won't be able to dial that destination).

Second best solution is to have the user enter something when the number is complete. That is the # . Please live with that, unless you can think of something smarter.

Note that waiting some time is the third solution. It has more problems in practice.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:25 pm 

at first, thank you very much.

trying so many different way.

there is already that user can press this # to dial out the number immidiately.

but trying - everytime user have to press this # to dial out the number.

regards.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:45 pm 

I don't think there's an easy way to insist on the # being pressed, but you can easily change how long it's willing to wait before assuming dialing is done.

Edit the a2billing.php AGI script and search for "get_data". Change the timeout from 4000 to 60000 and it will wait up to 1 minute.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:31 pm 

A change that I would like to see implemented that would help in these issues is to add to the routes 2 extra fields

min_digits
max_digits

For example on Greek country code - it would be 10, 10 ... you know that if it is more than 10 or less than 10 digits it is an invalid number, so why try to dial it and possible dial a bad number that customer connects and is billed for.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 3:50 pm 

thank you stavros, i have to try. but i think that can solve a bit. i think - its better to put for 5 minutes, then user will press # for dial it out immidiately.

there are some problem happening - when users calling from their mobile phone.

customer dialed access number then entered destination number then after they pressed on the dial button of their mobile phone. so call went through their local carrier. got very big bill. if there is must to put # then call will be invalid for local carrier.

regards.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 8:47 am 

hello stavros,

I changed the timeout from 4000 to 60000 but it seems - doesnt help, its doing same as before. any idea?

thanks in advanced.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 3:57 pm 

Rabon wrote:
hello stavros,

I changed the timeout from 4000 to 60000 but it seems - doesnt help, its doing same as before. any idea?

thanks in advanced.

Hi Rabon,

This was a major problem for me as well.
I don’t send out mail or calling cards to my customers so even when I tell customers to press # key on phone when finish dialing their number they tend to forget sometimes or not pass it on other family members. So I got a lot of complaints.

In fact I lost a few customers because of this which cost me to lose money. When I switched from software that didn’t require customers to press a # I got a lot of calls from customers complaining about the delay. So I reduced the time for a2b to place call after last digit being enter. Then I lost more customers who couldn’t dial fast enough because of arthritis in their hand’s and I got even more complaints. I was at the point of pulling the hair out my head trying to figure a solution that would suite all my clients. I finally hired a programmer and had a patch made for A2b. You welcome to use it if you want.

Run this MYSQL statement and then email me for the A2b patch. This MYSQL statement will create a table in your MYSQL database called cc_fastdial. Just put the prefix (country code/citycode) of number being dialed in column "prefixdial" and put how many digits the numbers has in whatever country and city your clients are calling to in the field/column called "nu_digit". That is all there is to it. Whenever your clients dial a number beginning with any of the prefixes you program in it will check how many digits that number suppose to have and immediately dial it without need of client pressing #. You can set the time delay between digits to much longer now and not make it unhandy for clients that are either mentally challenged or have arthritis in their hands. Old clients stuck up home tend to make a lot of calls so you don’t want to lose these clients.

CREATE TABLE `cc_fastdial` (
`id` int(11) NOT NULL auto_increment,
`prefixdial` varchar(20) NOT NULL,
`nu_digit` tinyint(3) unsigned NOT NULL,
`id_user` int(10) default '0',
`entered` timestamp NULL default CURRENT_TIMESTAMP,
PRIMARY KEY (`id`),
KEY `prefixdial` (`prefixdial`)
) ENGINE=MyISAM DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1

You will never need to tell another customers to press the #. :)

And for all those in the past who told me this wouldn’t work. Well it does work and I challenge you to find any situation anywhere in the world that this fast dialing feature wouldn’t work correctly or become anhandy for the area. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Attachments:
cc_fastdial.jpg
cc_fastdial.jpg [ 73.26 KiB | Viewed 8772 times ]

Predictive Dialer