Support A2Billing :

provided by Star2Billing S.L.

Support A2Billing :
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:40 pm
VoIP Billing solution

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 9:51 am 

Hi

As long as its updating the information for the accounting is good.

is your users are registering with OpenSER or A2B ?

If OpenSER are you managing with Mysql Views to A2B ?

I was also discussing in OpenSER about the path Identification.

Like take example, call routed from OpenSER--a2bserver1, then call should maintain till end that route.

how are you catching the lowbalance calls and informing to the customer

Since OpenSER does not look negative balance, its just register and send the call to asterisk. and a2b check the balance before trying the call
if a2b found balance negative its rejects the calls, so how are you handling this calls.

i dont see in pictorial diagram Media proxy, is in the same OpenSER box.

ram

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 11:29 am 

Hi Ramindia,

I haven't gone that far yet. What i have done so far is user registered to openser using one set of username and map the username to callerid in cc_callerid tablel, see below example ( this may be a stupid way to do, this is one of the reason i am looking at syncing the table between openser and a2billing)

in openser.
username: 12345678

in a2billing
card number: 2345123412

set callerid : 12345678 on card 2345123412
enable authenication by CallerID in a2billing config.

when a registered customer make a call, the call will then send to a2billing, a2billing authenicate the customer using there openser username, start the normal a2billing call handling, which will deal with all billing issues. if there is no balance, a2billing will advise the customer and handup. I don't see any problem with this, as VOIP is completely free, so it doesn't cost customer anything to make another call.

So, at the moment, i have 2 ideas of joining them together.
1. use a set of username and password in openser, link it up with a2billing using cc_callerid table and enable authenication by callerid in a2billing.

2. somehow make use of sip_buddies table for openser

If anyone have any better idea, please let me know.

Regards,
Howard

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 12:53 pm 

Hi

You've probably guessed by now that my preference is to get registration to openser by the SIP buddies table. in A2Billing.

The reason for doing this is ease of signup and account management.

When someone signs up to your A2Billing platform, we want to send them an email with their login details and instructions, and we do not want to have to go back into another database and create another record for openser registration.

So this only leaves two options open: -

1. Use the SIP Buddies table - either directly (probably with modifications), or by running an update script which automatically creates the openser record when a SIP buddy is created.

2. Allow anyone to connect to openser without authentication, then authenticate and identify when they make a call.

I think I prefer the former.

For interest can openser be persuaded to look at sip.conf rather than a database for it's registrations?

Joe

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 5:42 am 

Hi everyone,

Thank you for everyone's input, this is what i am going to do tonight. Not sure if this is going to work, i need to add one more function in activate.php in signup module and hopefully this implementation will work as what i expected.

Please see the sql i have made.

use openser;

Create view subscriber AS
SELECT id as id,
useralias as username,
'sip.mydomain.com' as domain,
uipass as password,
firstname as first_name,
lastname as last_name,
email as email_address,
creationdate as datetime_created,
NULL as ha1,
NULL as ha1b,
NULL as timezone,
useralias as rpid,
phone as phone,
NULL as datetime_modified,
NULL as confirmation,
NULL as flag,
NULL as sendnotification,
NULL as greeting,
NULL as allow_find,
useralias as uuid
FROM mya2billing.cc_card;

I will test it later, but i think this should work....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 7:23 am 

Hi Howard

Just a quick note to see how you are getting on with openser integration and whether there is anything I can do to help.

Joe

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 10:28 pm 

Hi Joe,

I tried the method i stated above, unfortunately, openser cannot use the table that created by VIEW.

Now I have another plan, not sure if this work, but this will require some modification on activate.php.

And my idea will only works for people who activate their account by clicking the link in the email.

It will be just something similar to my previous post, but put the process in a php function. The flow will be this

- Customer sign up
- Customer receive an email
- Customer clicks on the activation links
- Activate.php tricker a function which will create a user in Openser table according to my previous post
- Activate.php will also add entry to cc_carderid table map the card alias to the card number
- Customer can now register on Openser and dial directly.
- A2Billing receive the call check the callerid (= call alias) , then charge the right account

It may take me some time for it, as i am not a good programmer on php / mysql.

Regards,
Howard

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 7:34 am 

Hi

It all sounds like it's going in the right direction.

I wonder whether a simple shell/SQL script to copy entries from SIP_Buddies to the openser table would be the simplest way.

This way, the script could be called with one line in the appropriate PHP, such as the sign-up page, the email link, the asterisk reload, or as a cron job, or even just running it manually.

Could you post which fields have to be copied from sip_buddies to the openser table, and what the remaining fields in openser have to have entered in them?

Additionally do you have a copy of the openser config file.

If you can let me have these, then I will see if I can come up with a set of instructions and a shell script to add openser support to a2billing.

Joe

Post subject: i can help
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 7:33 pm 

im a php/mysql programmer and im interested in the same solution.. if you guys can help me get up to date with all the info i can program all this in a matter of 2 hours.. can anyone contact me by im or maybe phone?

my aim is webgdup my icq is 17189568 and my hotmail is bhakimi at hotmail . com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 8:32 pm 

hi sip guru

you can contact me offline

since iam intiated the process of excuting the same

tested lot of others too. lack of programming iam in middle

you can talk to me talk2ram at gmail dot com

ram

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 9:47 pm 

Hi

Let me try and summarise progress so far.

The plan is to install openser and allow users to register to openser rather than Asterisk because:-

1. The number of users that can be registered is higher than that of Asterisk.

2. Using Mediaproxy, many NAT problems are solved.

3. Load balancing can take place using the despatcher module or on the basis of number dialled - Howard has opted for the latter solution.

Howard has done a great deal of work so far and has a working system, which simply needs a further amount of integration.

Ideally, when an A2Billing customer signs up, he needs to be added as a user on openser.

Authentication to A2Billing is done by CID recognition, using the cardalias as the CID. Again Howard has made this work.

Ideally we would like to use the SIP_Buddies table in A2Billing to authenticate openser users, however it is not in quite the right format.

Howard has discovered that you cannot use an MySQL5 view based on the SIP_Buddies table to authenticate users, which is something of a nuisance.

So the contents of SIP_Buddies has to be copied to the the OpenSER table, with some other modifications

Currently, Howard is considering doing this via the signup system, but my view would be to have a script that runs independantly of A2Billing so that customisation of A2Billing is kept to a bare minimum.

If we have a separate script, then it can be called by a number of methods from a number of different places.

So I suppose your task, if you can help, would be to take another look at the SIP_Buddies table and see if it can be modified to be compatible with OpenSER, whether a MySQL View can be used, or if this is not possible, produce a script that can update the openser table from the sip_buddies table.

I trust that Howard can give you the information you need to have a look at this.

Again, my preference would be to use the forum for communication rather than private emails, although I understand that a bit of IM may speed up the process.

Yours

Joe

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 4:24 am 

Hi

iam using already with SER+Asterisk with views

I have copied some of the scripts from Openser and modifide needed by
Openser.

any way iam moving to Openser since they growing and developing faster than SER

So if some one could give me some kind of step by step document

i can make my contribution see the system work smoothly

iam using SER+Asterisk for voice mail and voice message facility
i think if the user in SER and Asterisk is the same,same this can be deploy with a2bill also, i dont see any much difficult

But iam bit confused about one Database for all.

how does that handles, iam using now all in one server

now we are looking to do modular solution

howard can you give me some rough document make this success with a2bill and as well as Openser

ram

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 6:25 am 

Hi All,

I assume every one know how to setup openser and a2billing. What I am going to write in here is about how to configurate them to get them link together. (i.e. openser send call to a2billing)

for openser, as i have mentioned i obtained a sample configuration from http://www.sipwise.com, using "SIP Proxy/Registrar with Offnet-Termination and Accounting". I will post my configuration in the next post.

IMO, openser need to be installed from the tar ball or svn, as in this way, sipwise configuration will fit in prefectly without modification.

Then after putting the openser configuration in the right directory, restart openser to see if there is any error. If there is no error, it is time to do some tests.

Create 2 users in the openser.subscriber table, using the command openserctl add <username> <password> <email>, username need to be a number, as this will be the CID present to a2billing. test the on-net calling between 2 users (u will need 2 sip phones to test). if this works, then we can move to next step.

Add LCR Gateway - this will be your A2Billing ip address and port number, if you have a2billing and openser on the same machine, make sure asterisk and openser are listening on a different port. To add gateway use the following commands:
openserctl lcr addroute '' '' '1' '1'
openserctl lcr addgw 'a2billing' 'ip.of.a2billing.com' 'portnumber' '1' '1' '1'

Then configure Asterisk incoming trunk to pick up call from openser and put the call to the a2billing context. In sip.conf you will need to have.
[openser-in]
host=ipaddress of openser
dtmfmode=rfc2833
type=peer
context=a2billing-2
insecure=very
nat=never
allow=all

reload asterisk.

try to make a call from one of the users you have created in openser, the call should be send to a2billing, depending on your a2biling configuration, you should here " Please enter your card number".

then you will be at the stage looking for how you can join both of them.

However, i cannot get the mysql 5 view function working for openser, otherwise, this intergation would has been completed and I should have a full step by step instruction ready by now...

I use card alias as the username , webui password as the password in openser. I was hoping VIEW will work for them, so customer can change the sip account password and the sip password at the same time. and there is no other scripting work to do...

I hope this document will help you guys. I will be busy on my exam and study in the comming weeks, so i don't think i am able to make any further progress on this. I hope i may hear some good news from you guys!

Regards,
Howard

Attachments:
File comment: Sample Openser Config
openser.cfg.txt [28.73 KiB]
Downloaded 1340 times

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 3:52 pm 

Hi

thats very explanation document

i will be testing some other things

adding to the document, will post soon about the results

ram

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 10:06 pm 

Hi All,

thanks for your ideas, i want to ask if it's possible make a2billing work with Openser+Radius+A2billing.

I have my openser configured with radius and i'm trying to integrate it with a2billing.
any suggestion?

Regards,

thanks on advanced.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 3:15 am 

This is awesome development you guys are working on. Since OpenSER is so light overhead and doesn't need much horsepower, has anyone thought to do a VMware that can help some of us get up to speed on it quicker? I'd love to help contribute on this one.

I know once before I played with SER and Asterisk (quite a while ago) - and for authentication across, I just told asterisk in sip.conf if the call was coming in from SER - then accept it and pull it on in. Then all the information from the user should look the same as if they were using wihtout the OpenSER box. I guess just the big item is to get the OpenSER to properly utilize the sip_buddies file.

Also - by utilizing the signup of A2Billing and then either using the resulting file in OpenSER, it makes it convenient if the user use IAX.

They could then register to SIP.myvoipsite.com which would point to SER or to IAX.myvoipsite.com which is say one of your A2B boxes - and would allow a look and feel of a large VOIP site (I think)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Hosted Voice Broadcast