Support A2Billing :

provided by Star2Billing S.L.

Support A2Billing :
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:48 pm
Auto Dialer Software

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post subject: re-invite to get a2billing out of the picture
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:17 am 

with this setup : caller->openser->asterisk->a2billing-> callee. I noticed the voice payload needs to go from the phone to a2billing, and then from a2billing to callee.

the bandwith usage is really a big issue here. for example, g711 codec will use 64k bps. since the same voice pay load needs to go from caller to a2billing, and then emerge from a2billing box to callee, essentially each phone call is costing 64K+64K bandwidth. even for a 1 MEG full duplex box, it can only support 1M/64K= 15 phone calls. with bandwidth so expensive in the colocation, it really cost lots of money to scale.

however, if we can get re-invite working, after caller knows callee, they talk directly to each other, then there is no voice payload going through a2billing. and the whole system can scale up drastically. is this possible?
if so, how can we get this done ?

Post subject: Re: re-invite to get a2billing out of the picture
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:44 am 

jimmy888 wrote:
if we can get re-invite working ... is this possible?
Like this perhaps.

Post subject: Re: openser+a2b
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 8:01 am 

Hello. Does somebody can provide sometinhg like tutorial how to set up OpenSER/OpenSIPS - Asterisk - A2Billing ?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:55 am 

its interesting to test... please if somebody own an working config of openser with a2billing trough *, please post...
thanks ;)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:26 am 

Excuse my low technical knowledge of openSER or load balancing.

But here is an idea;

instead of spending looooooots of money to put an openSER in front of bunch of asterisk boxes and try to get it work with a2billing why not use following:

1 DNS server
|
|
multiple asterisk/a2b servers --------------- Mysql DB for storing sa2b data

and use round robin to switch the ip addresses or even making a little script that computes the load averages for all the nodes and gives the least loaded server ip to the user so under cloud hosting you can just set up your own template and grow as much as you want. Is it too simple? Am i missing a key point?

Well besides of doing sip2sip calls, then I would probably use 1 server for voip to voip calls only. Please tell me what you think..

Best regards

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:06 am 

Hi

This approach may work for termination, but DID delivery, and getting calls back to the customer is tricky.

Joe

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:32 pm 

yes for Voip-Voip or DID delivery will be difficult at first but very doable on termination. I am actually planning to roll this out to see how it works :)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:04 pm 

cevatkerim wrote:
Excuse my low technical knowledge of openSER or load balancing.
Am i missing a key point?

Yes, you are missing the point where some DNS servers do local caching of the IP addresses that they had previously resolved in order to save bandwidth, CPU and serve their clients faster.

A sophisticated DNS-based method for load-balancing is to use the program lbnamed which can be found at http://www.stanford.edu/~schemers/docs/ ... named.html.
It is a Perl 5 program in conjunction with auxilliary tools which provides a real load-balancing for DNS.

Regards
Tasos

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 6:53 am 

Can someone post their openser configs here, the one that is working for authentication using MYSQL views and asterisk realtime, and how calls will be sent to asterisk server for a2billing.

TIA!

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:36 pm 

jroper wrote:
Hi

OpenSER or SER has a number of advantages in terms of SIP registration over Asterisk, these are: -

1. For a given peice of hardware, SER can support many more registrations than Asterisk, but Asterisk can manage quite a few anyway, so not as bigger advantage as you might hope.

2. SER can load balance by sending say 20% of calls to one asterisk server and the other 80% somewhere else.

3. SER when combined with say MediaProxy sorts out all sorts of far end NAT problems, which are often experienced with just Asterisk. This is probably the main reason why it would be desirable to come up with a working config to combine A2Billing and SER, so that end users can use SIP devices behind all sorts of NAT without having to reconfigure firewalls and routers.

One way forward is to create a SER configuration that uses the SIP buddies table in A2Billing to authenticate its users. So SIP endpoints are registered to SER, not Asterisk, but in terms of adding new users and general management of customers, this should all be done in A2B.

When a SER registered SIP user wishes to make a call, the call is passed through to Asterisk, and the user recognised by A2Billing on the basis of their SIP address. (caller ID maybe?)

A2Billing then handles the routing and charging of the call.

Given that the A2Billing Database can support many Asterisk servers, and SER can deliver calls to different Asterisk servers, this would make for a highly scalable system.

So if anyone has intimate knowledge of SER, unfortunately I do not, then your challenge, should you chose to accept it, is to: -

1. Install OpenSER
2. Combine MediaProxy module into the installation
3. Create a config that uses the A2Billing SIP buddies MySQL table for SER authentication.
4. Get it to pass through calls to Asterisk so that they are securely and automatically identified and authenticated by A2Billing.

and finally, tell us how you did it with sample configs and plenty of documentation, or get as far as you can, tell us where you get stuck and maybe with a bit of combined knowledge, we can make this config work.

Any offers? I'm sure many would be grateful, including me.

Yours

Joe

I have this setup only im using opensips.. and i couldn't get the media server too work.. and didnt configuire open sip...

My setup..

Open sip load balance 4 a2billing
a2billing finds account routes too blue-box server (only because with a2billing cant assign multiple extensions to one account.... and no multi-tenet)

http://www.cyfordcommunications.com

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:50 pm 

Quote:
a2billing finds account routes too blue-box server (only because with a2billing cant assign multiple extensions to one account....

Yes it can, create another sip peer and set the account code directive to the A2Billing account number.

Joe

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:55 pm 

jroper wrote:
Quote:
a2billing finds account routes too blue-box server (only because with a2billing cant assign multiple extensions to one account....

Yes it can, create another sip peer and set the account code directive to the A2Billing account number.

Joe

Ohh yeah your right,. lol but still with this setup my clients can park calls while other clients can pic them up (not good) and they can dial each other by extension.... also i cant dish out the same extension multiple times

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 4:48 am 

A2b stays in the media path of the call. meaning that a2b is not passive it is not called after the call is completed and say please compute the price. It is very active in the call. It calls asterisk trunks and uses the asterisk apis to accomplish lots of things ... so you can just throw out asterisk and use a2b..

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Voice Broadcast System