Support A2Billing :

provided by Star2Billing S.L.

Support A2Billing :
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:15 am
Predictive Dialer

All times are UTC

Post subject: Custom Account Number + Dialing SIP/PSTN
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 4:04 pm 

Hey - I've had several customers ask me to make them a "Gold" account which means I hand make an account for them with the account number of their choice. 99% of the time this ends up being their real phone number so its easy for them to use and easy for other SIP users to dial. So I was thinking about asking customer for their phone number in make account and use that as their account number. This is step #1.

Step #2 would be then whenever a person dials a phone number (not with sip prefix, just a regular phone number) - the first thing we do is see if that is a valid account number our side - and if so, we try to first dial it via sip/iax, and if not successful, then try that same number over our rating/carrier list.

Now whether we charge the customer dialing that PSTN number or not would be something we'd need to figure out, but what's the community think of this idea? Did I explain it well enough?

I think for those of us wanting to expand on the SIP portion, this is great cause then you tell your friends and family to sign up, and then you just dial their PSTN number to contact them, no need to remember additional numbers. If its' a SIP client, cool - we call them SIP, if not - no biggie - we call them PSTN

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 4:34 pm 

it is easier if you put the person's number in your system on special rate card FOK (Friends of K) and then trunk the number or that entire card to your SIP/IAX trunk ... if the number is not on the FOK rate card then it matches some other ratecard and use its trunk.

Not cool to make somebody's telephone number as their PIN

From a pattern standpoint it looks and feels like how the system works. no special exceptions

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 4:51 pm 

gue wrote:
it is easier if you put the person's number in your system on special rate card FOK (Friends of K) and then trunk the number or that entire card to your SIP/IAX trunk ... if the number is not on the FOK rate card then it matches some other ratecard and use its trunk.

Understand that - sure - makes sense. And then I'd have to have a failover trunk for if their SIP/IAX device is off/unavailable

Not cool to make somebody's telephone number as their PIN

I don't have any dial-in where it would ask user for their PIN, so someone would have to know the phone number plus their password to hack it. So I don't see the problem with having the account number as the PIN. Its used in my scenario only as the account number also requireing password for authentication of registry.

From a pattern standpoint it looks and feels like how the system works. no special exceptions

Yes - seems like it would, I'll have to play with that some - thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 9:50 pm 

Can you expand on how you create these account numbers

Are you manually adding records to the db?

regards

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 2:31 am 

More or less - YES. I add it with any A2B tool, and then afterwards, I manually go in and modify the SQL tables. In a future mod, if I decide to stick with this idea of letting the user set their own account number, I'll just hack that part of the A2B code at create new user (a much better method than changing the SQL tables)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 12:39 pm 

Interesting,

You mentioned the word tables. I'd hate to modify one and then mess up dependancies. Can you enlighten me as to the tables I need to change?

regards

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 3:41 pm 

The data in them - tables - cc_card; and possibly cc_sip_buddies, and cc_iax._buddies I just use phpMyAdmin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 3:48 pm 

Thanks for this, I'd been thru most of the tables and came to the same conclusion. I'm guessing I would only need to modify the buddies if I'd already created the entries, but I'll double check.

regards

Auto Dialer Software