Support A2Billing :

provided by Star2Billing S.L.

Support A2Billing :
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:37 pm
Hosted Voice Broadcast

All times are UTC

Would Quickbooks Integration be useful to you?
Yes 69%  69%  [ 9 ]
No 31%  31%  [ 4 ]
I would prefer integration with Other Accounting software 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 13
 Post subject: Re: Integration with Quickbooks
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 5:31 pm 

Hi There,

Has anyone ever looked at the possible integration of A2Billing with Quickbooks? Many forms of billing systems easily hook into quickbooks and automatically e-mail invlices through the Quickbooks system, any word on the possibility of something like this for A2Billing???

Would be pretty interesting!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 5:42 pm 

I have voted no, we should keep this opensource.

So and opensource accounting system that ports easily to another product too would be good if needed.

Actually, I don't need it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 5:58 pm 

No.
Quickbooks (I just read about it) is proprietary, so it is incompatible with a2billing's license.
It also does not seem to run in Linux. Integration is already dead.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 6:13 pm 

I have also voted no for the same reason. I hate Quick Book. I use another accounting softwares. And everyone out there is using it's favorite accounting software. I think that it would be better to simple find a way to import/export billing and accounting data between A2Billing and commonly used accounting softwares. I hope that this is what you meant by integration. I personally use Simply Accounting, and there a plenty of very popular accounting softwares out there.

Thoughts?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 10:00 pm 

I mention quickbooks for two reasons:

1. I use it :oops:
2. It is the most common accounting software in the market.

In terms of "integration" I was more talking about, as asiby said, importing accounting data (of which Quickbooks and their parent company have developed an open source standard compatibly with both themselves, Quicken and others).

Another way I have looked at it includes simple database hooks which I have seen with several software/solution vendors (open source and otherwise).

My 2 cents: some seem to have been insulted by the proposition to integrate with a proprietary system - Open source is NOT about "Open Source VS "The Rest of Them", if we all don't play together then Open Source is just as closed as "The Rest of Them".

Writing databse hooks has nothing to do with infringing on the proprietary nature of quickbooks. Those who have never asked this question of at least themselves must consider what kind of business they are running, A2Billing is not a full service accounting package, only good for invoices. For that data to mean anything holistically a more advanced accounting package must be integrated.

Surely someone must be using another accounting package in conjunction with A2Billing??? What do they do about statements/collections/tax returns etc? IS the information transferred manually? This is less than ideal for a bonafide operator.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:03 am 

Hi

I ran into this issue before in the telecoms industry.

Although the amounts invoiced are relatively small, the number of invoices that may be generated by a successful Telecoms company may be huge and run into many many thousands of customers

The architecture of quickbooks and similar products does not lend itself to the mass storage and generation of invoices. and within a year or less, the system becomes unusable, because of the size of the datafiles.

So in order to invoice in an accounting package, you need to purchase a proper client server style accounting package, with a dedicated back end server. One you pick up at your local PC software store will just not cut it.

Alternatively, you do all the accounting and invoicing and debt control for each individual customer within A2Billing, and only transfer one sum of money for A2Billing in it's entirety into quickbooks for accounting purposes.

So as far as quickbooks is concerned, there is only one customer - A2Billing.

Yours
Joe

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:27 am 

jroper wrote:

Alternatively, you do all the accounting and invoicing and debt control for each individual customer within A2Billing, and only transfer one sum of money for A2Billing in it's entirety into quickbooks for accounting purposes.

So as far as quickbooks is concerned, there is only one customer - A2Billing.

Yours
Joe

I guess I have to look at more closely at the options available in A2Billing. I have not explored the eaccounting side fully. At the moment it is just convenient form a debt collection standpoint in Quickbooks to see a page that shows the individual amounts owed by each customer, and how many days it has been outstanding.... Does A2Billing support similar options??

Just curious if anyone has this answer of the top of their head?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:41 am 

Hi

A2Billing soes not have an aged debtors list as such, but it does have a View payment situation, which gives a view on the money owed.

In the telecoms industry, if you can get away with it, pre-pay billing is preferable, and cuts down on expensive administration.

Joe

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 6:02 am 

Where I come from to offer pre-paid services the Government requires anywhere from $100k to 1M in security deposit for prepaid services incase the company goes south with hundreds of customers in credit still...

Spending this crazy money as a government keep-sake isnt really an option so post-pay is our only option.

Post subject: Do it yourself Legit Safety deposit without government fees.
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 3:37 am 

luke802 wrote:
Where I come from to offer pre-paid services the Government requires anywhere from $100k to 1M in security deposit for prepaid services incase the company goes south with hundreds of customers in credit still...

Spending this crazy money as a government keep-sake isnt really an option so post-pay is our only option.

Here is a solution for Post Pay then:

1: Start the Account with an "ACCOUNT Opening fee of $5". This could be used as a security deposit if you want but since you called it an account opening fee, that is what it is. Government can't do squat about it. But this fee into a separate bank account called Credit increase deposit.

2: Start the customer at $5 credit. When he reaches his $5 credit, block his account until he makes payment.

3: Give him the option to add more credit into his account however put a notice that this account is POST PAY Only. If he wants to add more credit than what he has, that is to his own discretion and you are not responsible for the excess amounts. This way if he wants to buy a 100$ card so he does not need to constantly pay $5 at a time every few weeks but you protect your butt since you are offering a POST PAY service but the client voluntarily added more money than he should have.

4: remember to set aside a few cents/dollar from each actual transaction as a credit increase deposit. Put that into a separate account to ensure it is not being spent.

5: If he wants more credit later, look at his credit increase deposit level. If he earned $10 of credit, then increase his credit to $15.

6: Eventually if they might try to "piss off", at least you ended up getting his security deposit from the several months before. Now you would transfer the $15 credit from the credit security account into your regular bank account.

You eventually create your own credit insurance system for yourself and this way you minimize your losses and are able to cover your costs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:51 pm 

I'll be installing SQL Ledger to get information from a2billing for accounting purposes. has anyone done this before and want to share comments. Another open source software is GNUcash.

Voice Broadcast System