provided by Star2Billing S.L.

Support A2Billing :
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:21 am
Predictive Dialer

All times are UTC

Post subject: Payment in UI
PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 3:13 am 

Dear All,

As we know, a2b allows having pre- and postpaid accounts.
Unfortunately, UI at this point is useful for prepaid clients only, since the only thing you can do is to prepay an account. On the other hand, a2b generates invoices and client can find them in UI. Now how is that client supposed to pay that invoice ?
In my opinion, ability to actualy pay a bill is critical to any end user.
In addition, it would be nice to check if particular client has a post or prepay and having that in mind the UI would display "PREPAY YOUR ACCOUNT" or would ask to pay the invoice in the amount of the actual invoice.

P.S. Authorize.com has a wonderful tool to automatically bill customers on a pay-as-you-go basis. This feature called CIM. Have anyone tried to implement functionality into a2b ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:04 pm 

not lose your time. Many folks by here belive the billing system is perfect.

Is not perfect is also ilegal in more iof the countrys.

Bill and staments is like the accountant software give in the news paper for you have in the personal computer.

is funny but true is long distance of one reall Telecom billing system.

i think in one week only is possible make ok and one perfect billing. But in 3 years and many post the people is thinking is perfect and legal system for any telecom. And if you try to other way the moderators take actions.
This happend always 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:16 am 

I'm a moderator, and I've deleted a total of 4 posts, none of which were relavent to ABilling, all arriving this AM, they were spamming, so as far as I am concerned, Ginetta's accusation is a little unfair. Stavros is the other moderator, and I feel sure that he has acted in similar fashion.

The invoicing does need some work, and this is an area that will be vastly improved in 1.4. We have a plan !!

Meanwhile, you may have to deal with post-pay billing outside of A2Billing in the short term, to ensure that you comply with the legalities of your country. This can be done with an export into say MS Access or similar then building your own design template.

In respect of Authorise.net, some may have noticed that it is not perfect, however, we could not test properly as none of us are American Citizens so we could not get a test account. If anyone can offer a sandbox auhorise.net account, We'd be happy to look at it.

Suggestions and requests are always welcome.

Joe

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:10 am 

jroper wrote:
I'm a moderator, and I've deleted a total of 4 posts, none of which were relavent to ABilling, all arriving this AM, they were spamming, so as far as I am concerned, Ginetta's accusation is a little unfair. Stavros is the other moderator, and I feel sure that he has acted in similar fashion.

THis not happend 1 day ago when other moderator close i upload files for show how is one correct bill. TODAY MAGIC this future work in my user

The invoicing does need some work, and this is an area that will be vastly improved in 1.4. We have a plan !!

UHMM very well I go to look

Meanwhile, you may have to deal with post-pay billing outside of A2Billing in the short term, to ensure that you comply with the legalities of your country. This can be done with an export into say MS Access or similar then building your own design template.

UFF when you get more of 100 costumers is impossible .

US and EUROPE is very seam the invoice system. I not understand why is not setup form first moment. I not think is long wait. Oscomerce have a perfect invoice system use the people in all the world.

In respect of Authorise.net, some may have noticed that it is not perfect, however, we could not test properly as none of us are American Citizens so we could not get a test account. If anyone can offer a sandbox auhorise.net account, We'd be happy to look at it.

Authorize.net I not understand why is there. But ok. If you need help with authorize.net and other payments system. Contact with WHMCS http://www.whmcs.com/ is a UK company , very nice people and not expensive 100$ make any addon for you . If solve authorize and paypal this people I put the 100 dollar

Joe

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:06 am 

jroper wrote:

Joe

I just thought maybe someone has already addressed these issues on their system and willing to share the actual code :oops:
1.4 is great and promising..and far :)
It's not a problem for me to fix both issues, same I guess for many of us here. The real problem is updating to a newer version of a2b when it comes out. Many of us have little snipets in the a2b already. As for me, I have too much of them and updating to a newer version is a pain for me. Why wouldn't I contribute the code ? I wish I could, but in order to contribute I have to have the latest stable version. If I'll get the latest stable, I'd have migrate all my add-ons and once again check for new bugs and check if all old ones were fixed.
Dont get me wrong here, I'm not whining, just trying to help. From my point of view, before introducing new functionality developers might just fix all bugs and make everything a2b already has work and actually make sence.

P.S. When I'm done fixing Auth.Net module I'll post the code since I dont think it dramatically changed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 7:41 pm 

Orion wrote:
The real problem is updating to a newer version of a2b when it comes out. Many of us have little snipets in the a2b already. As for me, I have too much of them and updating to a newer version is a pain for me.
It sounds to me like you need to invest a couple of hours learning a decent RCS such as git or Subversion. I maintain a couple of forks of A2Billing and I spend maybe 5 minutes each week merging changes from Areski's tree into them. I can't offer much help with git, but for Subversion I use the vendor branch method to merge the changes.
Quote:
Why wouldn't I contribute the code ? I wish I could, but in order to contribute I have to have the latest stable version.
branches/1.3 is a very slow moving target now; I don't think you'll have any trouble keeping up with it. All my production servers run the latest Subversion revision of branches/1.3, as they receive bug and security fixes in a more timely manner this way.
Quote:
before introducing new functionality developers might just fix all bugs and make everything a2b already has work and actually make sence.
Perhaps helping with this process in a virtual machine could be an avenue for you to contribute to the project, as you clearly want to. Adding commentary and observations, and especially patches, to the open bugs on trac would also be a valuable service.

Predictive Dialer