Support A2Billing :
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:06 am
VoIP Billing solution

All times are UTC

Post subject: About update rate card
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:04 pm 

Hello
I think is the one important think is not included in A2Billing
For example the VoIP provider has change the price list that he give you, so, you must change in RateCard buy rate, and if the count of prefix is about 5000 and more, then it unposible to make any chenges.
I think in RATECARD->Import RateCard must include the point about this
This must show like - Update-Insert, Delete-Insert
So you can update the buy rates, sell rates, and live usage of this rate card unchage

Sorry for my English

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:24 pm 

Personally I upload the new rates into a new ratecard, with a start time 7 days from now. Then I set the previous ratecard's stop time to the same moment, and add the new ratecard into the relevant callplans. Then I notify the customers when the new rates will prevail.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 7:20 am 

stavros wrote:
Personally I upload the new rates into a new ratecard, with a start time 7 days from now. Then I set the previous ratecard's stop time to the same moment, and add the new ratecard into the relevant callplans. Then I notify the customers when the new rates will prevail.

Yes, right, so can be also, but in rate card list you have minutes usage, and if you add new rate card, this minutes used will be removed. So I think it must be in A2Billing the function about update or delete and insert new rates in the same rate card, so you dont lose the information about your time usage with this rate card.
Its my opinion

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 11:28 am 

varnar wrote:
in rate card list you have minutes usage, and if you add new rate card, this minutes used will be removed.
OK so do almost exactly what I said previously, but use the start/stop dates on each individual rate rather than on a ratecard.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 2:56 pm 

stavros wrote:
varnar wrote:
in rate card list you have minutes usage, and if you add new rate card, this minutes used will be removed.
OK so do almost exactly what I said previously, but use the start/stop dates on each individual rate rather than on a ratecard.

OK,
But how you want delete old rate on the rate card?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:56 pm 

You can use Search (using the start and/or stop dates) then Batch update. Batch update won't delete the rates for you, but you can use it to move all the older rates to a ratecard called 'Deleted' (or whatever, so long as it's not part of a Callplan).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:50 pm 

stavros wrote:
You can use Search (using the start and/or stop dates) then Batch update. Batch update won't delete the rates for you, but you can use it to move all the older rates to a ratecard called 'Deleted' (or whatever, so long as it's not part of a Callplan).

Yes, I have try this, I have using the folliwing.
Make search within this rate card using startdate field, then in the same Search I use delete function. And all is was OK :)
But in any case if it possible to add functionality to Imprt rate card with update-insert, delete-insert, will be make asy to use rate card import :)

Thanks for help. This can be also add to DOCUM about how to change the rates in the same rate card, and delete the old rates.

Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:06 pm 

varnar wrote:
Thanks for help. This can be also add to DOCUM about how to change the rates in the same rate card, and delete the old rates.
I'm sure any help working on the documentation would be gratefully accepted. It is a wiki after all.

Predictive Dialer