Support A2Billing :

provided by Star2Billing S.L.

Support A2Billing :
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:36 pm
Auto Dialer Software

All times are UTC

Post subject: Vouchers and EXPIRY DATE
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 4:07 pm 

it will be better when we refill card with voucher but when we refill to have some function in voucher to add for exsample plus 90 days on EXPIRY DATE becouse maybe theat customer have left only 1 days on EXPIRY DATE and next day can not dial . I think this is very good option .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 6:16 pm 

Hi

I'm not sure whether I understand why this would be a good idea.

If you want a product that expires, then just issue a calling card and ignore the vouchers.

If you want the vouchers to expire after a certain date, make a note to yourself to delete them.

I'd be pretty annoyed as a customer if I brought a voucher to top up my account, as discovered that all my credit went after one day.

Joe

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 6:58 pm 

jroper wrote:
Hi

I'm not sure whether I understand why this would be a good idea.

If you want a product that expires, then just issue a calling card and ignore the vouchers.

If you want the vouchers to expire after a certain date, make a note to yourself to delete them.

I'd be pretty annoyed as a customer if I brought a voucher to top up my account, as discovered that all my credit went after one day.

Joe

The idea is to use SIP account from A2B and theat SIP account is conneted to some Card ID and what happen if i add EXPIRY DATE for 90 days the customer maybe will buy new voucher in 89 days and will recharge ,and next day can not call .Why i whant this ?
I what this becouse i what theat customer to have same CARD ALIAS and WEBUI PASSWORD when whant to see balance on they credit ,becouse i if i give to customer new card CARD ALIAS and WEBUI PASSWORD will be diffrent .

Maybe you understand now my idea :)
Sorry my english is not good maybe theat is problem :oops:

Regards
Goran

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:10 pm 

OK, I still do not understand why you want to upset your customers.

The voucher is a one hit. we do not track where the balance came from. that would be a nightmare in the business logic. Eg. how would you know which bit of the balance belongs to which card.

You could use the recurring service to remove credit and there are a number of other options.

Remove credit if service not used in last X days
Remove credit if it has been used in last X days
or just remove every day.

I think it may be easier to modify your product than try and add this facility, and you can do this without upsetting your customer too much.

Joe

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:05 am 

jroper wrote:
OK, I still do not understand why you want to upset your customers.

The voucher is a one hit. we do not track where the balance came from. that would be a nightmare in the business logic. Eg. how would you know which bit of the balance belongs to which card.

You could use the recurring service to remove credit and there are a number of other options.

Remove credit if service not used in last X days
Remove credit if it has been used in last X days
or just remove every day.

I think it may be easier to modify your product than try and add this facility, and you can do this without upsetting your customer too much.

Joe

I dont know why did you think theat i whant to upset customers ?
I just whant to use same card for long time but i like to make expire date for 90 days since first date use . And will be great if you can add credit by voucher and in same time to add another 90 days for expire.I think will be more upset to customer recurring service then this ,and recurring service dont work on my server what ever i try :) i have add the patch witch i found on the forum but do not work .

Thank
Goran

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:28 am 

quickphone wrote:
I just whant to use same card for long time but i like to make expire date for 90 days since first date use . And will be great if you can add credit by voucher and in same time to add another 90 days for expire.
I think this is the source of the confusion. Vouchers don't effect the expiry date of the card they're applied to, only the balance. It wouldn't be too difficult to add to the code to do what you want.
Once a card has expired you'll need to manually reactivate it if you want your customers to continue using the same credentials.
Quote:
recurring service dont work on my server what ever i try
Make sure the desired cards have 'run service' selected, and that you have installed the cron jobs correctly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:27 am 

Hi

My (mis)understanding was that a customer may go to a retailer, and buy a top up voucher that was already 89 days old, and end up with a card which will make his account expire in 1 day. If that happened to me, I'd be peeved.

So the code would be something along the lines of: -

- Enter Voucher number.
- Set expiry date of card to be today + 90

This would force a customer to buy a voucher regularly to keep his account active.

Maybe you should put up a bounty for this.

Joe

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:01 am 

hi all,
I know this discussion is old..but I have the same problem..
since at this time card number is not re-activated after customer pays via paypal from his personal page, I would card number is reactivated at least inserting voucher. it's possible? or, how can I can reactivate manually a card number?? I'm trying but without results..

thanks

VoIP Billing solution