provided by Star2Billing S.L.

Support A2Billing :
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:11 pm
Hosted Voice Broadcast

All times are UTC

Post subject: Handling Ratecards and Multiple Providers
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 2:33 pm 

Hello All,

I am sure many of you here use Multiple Providers also. I am trying to get my head around doing this in A2B. It is possible I am missing something but let me explain my scenario:

1) I deal with about 8 A-Z providers and I also have about 5 direct routes which gives me a total of 13 trunks at the moment!

2) I have one ratesheet (ratecard) for retail customers and one standard ratesheet (ratecard) for wholesale customers.

I need to be able to assign a single ratecard to a customer which I have done for both wholesale and retail customers. I see that I would create a Call plan and attach ratecards to this Callplan and in the background the system would do LCR between my 8 A-Z providers for that Callplan based on the buyrates.

The problem is when I create a ratecard for example "Standard A-Z Wholesale" it has to be linked to a particular trunk. It seems the only way for me to do proper LCR is to create 8 separate A-Z ratecards, one to be linked to each provider. So we would have for example Ratecard-1 linked to Provider-1(Trunk-1).

In this case which one would I assign to the customer? The ratecard I assign will be tied to a particular trunk. This is where my confusion is, because the way I am thinking it will work is that all the calls the customer makes will go via the trunk that is linked to that ratesheet that is assigned to them so there will be no LCR. Can someone please clarify this?

Maybe a good feature for A2B would be to allow us to create separate Vendor ratecards where we can upload them into a routing table and possibly set priorities to each Vendor. So that if we have 20 A-Z trunks for example the routing works independently of the ratecard we assign to the customer. So if I wanted I could assign trunks 1,4,5,6, 17,18 and 20 to a Callplan and then A2B would do LCR between those 7 routes (trunks) only.

How do you all normally handle this or similar scenarios?

regards,

Sammy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 3:51 pm 

Done that, too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:23 pm 

xrg wrote:
Done that, too.

Xrg,

What do you mean? It would be helpful if you can be more detailed with your answer for my sake and others.

Thanks

Sammy,

Voice Broadcast System