Support A2Billing :

provided by Star2Billing S.L.

Support A2Billing :
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:07 pm
Hosted Voice Broadcast

All times are UTC

Post subject: answer call before it dials out to trunk
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 5:44 am 

today , we tested and found one issue after 1.3 installation.

When I call from sip device ( i use it as DID sip friend), the ringback start rightaway before it actually hit any trun. and even I dial wrong short numbers, it will ring.

in v1.2 when I setup as :

; Manage the answer on the call
answer_call = no

I also tried
comment
;exten => _X.,1,Answer

in v1.3 still same issue.

I checked CLI I see

a2billing.php|1: file:a2billing.php - line:169 - [CHANNEL STATUS : 4 = Line is ringing]

before it dial out
-- Called testrunk/41612345567

Anyone of you has same setup and do you have same issue?

Post subject: I dont have the same issue
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 5:36 am 

Hey Buddy

My attempt on fault number 6041234567 get announcement " the number you are dialed is currently unavailable, please try it again later"

I guess it's come from soft switch other than a2billing. check if your soft switch get back announcement without a2billing.

Thomas

Post subject: Re: I dont have the same issue
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 5:33 am 

Hi, Thomas, Thank you for your reply

I have no problem to get any announcement. My question is no matter I dial a good or bad number, the pdd is almost 0 and then I got ringback tone. so, that means, the asterisk give my sip friend device ringback tone before a2billing dial-out the number to specific sip trunk.

there was no problem at 1.2 when I setup answer = no in a2billing.conf

thomaslixiang wrote:
Hey Buddy

My attempt on fault number 6041234567 get announcement " the number you are dialed is currently unavailable, please try it again later"

I guess it's come from soft switch other than a2billing. check if your soft switch get back announcement without a2billing.

Thomas

Post subject: Same issue
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 10:01 pm 

I been testing A2b 1.3 out for three weeks now and adding a lot of new features to it. I had the same problem as shuiduo stated and thought it was my programmer that messed something up and was going to have him fix later. I still might have him fix it if Areski doesng beat him to it.

On Second thoughts that fast Ring-back is neat as long as the number being called is valid and will ring anyways

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 8:52 am 

We built public SVN, Trac, etc... so that peoples can contribute easily.
be my guest if you find bug and have programming skills :)

Did you simply try to replace this
dialcommand_param = "|60|HRrL(%timeout%:61000:30000)"

by

dialcommand_param = "|60|HL(%timeout%:61000:30000)"

Regards, Areski

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 10:07 pm 

areski wrote:

Regards, Areski

Thanks for the tip Areski
And about the SVN, I dont think my password is working right. When I get a little more time I will check it out.

Added after 3 minutes:

There are a few some features I added that are not just related to just my Business needs which I feel should be in any good telephony application. These I will try to get my programmer to put on the SVN if it doesn’t take up too much of his time. Some of these require the editing of multiple files. I hope this is not a problem.

Other things I am working which I am not sure is useful to anyone else involves the integration of A2b into Microsoft office products. (Word, Excel, Access) Below is just a sneak preview of a partly finished GUI for A2b designed in Microsoft Access. I designed this access program for a Waste disposal company and now converting it to a gui for a2b and linking it directly to the live data in my a2b mysql database. Many new fields and tables were added to A2bbilling for customer management, like features like a complete note, trouble tickets, and dated task assignment to employs.

<=== hopes Areski doesnt hate microsoft :twisted:

Attachments:
A2microsoft.jpg
A2microsoft.jpg [ 102.61 KiB | Viewed 10593 times ]

Last edited by Sam on Sat Jun 23, 2007 1:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:05 pm 

turn to M$ is bad idea :greedy:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 1:51 am 

boomboom wrote:
turn to M$ is bad idea :greedy:

HUMMM interesting.. I wonder why so many people use Microsoft if that is so? It must be the world is full of dumb people and dumb companies selling preloaded machines with it. :?
Now I am hanging my head in shame for designing a gui for super blondes :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 2:38 am 

Hi Sam,

It's interesting to see what you have done with A2Billing (the GUI). But wouldn't that make updates more difficult? I mean, if you need to be able to access your application from anywhere, the web interface is my preferred solution. In that case, a change on the web server will be instantly available on every work stations.

But on the other hand, a GUI will only send relevant data, so it will be interesting for me to recommend a compatible GUI to my resellers (if any) if they have a very low speed Internet connection.

PS. I know some locations in the world where Hotmail is a myth. The internet connections are so slow that it takes too long to load the pages, and your browser will timeout 80% of the time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 11:23 am 

asiby wrote:

It's interesting to see what you have done with A2Billing (the GUI). But wouldn't that make updates more difficult?

Hi Asiby
In some cases you are 100% correct and other cases no. At the moment the when the gui is compressed its 1/3 of a MB (Assuming it doesnt grow too much). This means it can be downloaded very fast and its contained in just one file. A pop up can be added to let the employ- reseller know there is an update. It only takes about 5 minutes to add this pop up feature. The web gui for a2b at the moment does not support resellers. The Microsoft gui can very easily handle resellers or employs when proper filters are added. Every record that is entered in any of the Mysql tables will have the employ or reseller Id added to that record who entered it. This lets you keeps track of who does what and on a reseller level who owns which customer/record. Each Access MDB file or database file with the gui can easily be tailored to a pacific employ or reseller and locked so said employ or reseller have access only to what you allow them. This includes locking it down so they have access only to their customers or records they entered. This requires no programming skills.

asiby wrote:

I mean, if you need to be able to access your application from anywhere, the web interface is my preferred solution.

True ! by no means was this to completely replace the web GUI. Especially not for administrators who at times will find themselves needing to access a2b from someone’s else’s machine. Its only to add functionality and ease of use at the fraction of the time and cost it would take to reprogram the web gui.

asiby wrote:

In that case, a change on the web server will be instantly available on every work stations.

. True true, You make a very valid point. However a little code can be written so the Microsoft access gui will update automatically if it becomes a problem that some users don’t update even after getting the pop up reminder.

asiby wrote:

But on the other hand, a GUI will only send relevant data, so it will be interesting for me to recommend a compatible GUI to my resellers (if any) if they have a very low speed Internet connection.

I have not yet tested the speed on all the forms I I’ll made but some of them I did test with dial up and you are correct , its very fast when all you need to do is send relevant data.

(edited to correct spelling and wordusage errors)

Last edited by Sam on Sat Jun 23, 2007 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 2:08 pm 

Wow :P

I'm impressed. Really. And I have a few suggestions. And you posts gave me some ideas for a2billing.

1. To save bandwidth a GUI will word well, and it gives me the idea of implementing AJAX into a2billing. This will help sending just relevant informations in some case.

2. In your GUI, you can lock the software if the reseller refuses to make the update with the new version. And you can make a backup of the previous version before upgrading.

3. In order to make the GUI more portable and cross-platform, some good programmer out there can create a GUI using GTK+ Runtime Environment, or Tcl, or simply using Open Office Database. (Just a suggestion)

4. Most good and fast CRM are GUI based and not Web based (for obvious reasons). If you have manager to make a like between an organizer (like Outlook or Atc! for example) and a2billing, that will ease up a lot of thinks when it comes to handling a customer relation.

I may actually take a closer look at this on my free time and see what can be done in a timely manner. I think it's not a bad idea at all.

Keep up the good work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 4:19 pm 

asiby wrote:
Wow :P

1. To save bandwidth a GUI will word well, and it gives me the idea of implementing AJAX into a2billing. This will help sending just relevant informations in some case.

I was able today to click the next button in the main A2Microsoft Gui and scroll through 220 records in just 5 seconds. Each record fully loaded far as I know. This just shows how much faster it really is.

asiby wrote:
2. In your GUI, you can lock the software if the reseller refuses to make the update with the new version. And you can make a backup of the previous version before upgrading.

Not a problem. The access program or gui can be told to check for a newer date in a mysql table on the a2b server (something you would enter) and if the date = later then what’s in the resellers Gui, a splash screen will pop up and keeps the focus with only 2 options, close or update. Closing will exit the access program. Making back up is not a problem as you wouldnt have reseller delete anything. They simply was forced to download a new file because their existing one was disabled.

asiby wrote:

3. In order to make the GUI more portable and cross-platform, some good programmer out there can create a GUI using GTK+ Runtime Environment, or Tcl, or simply using Open Office Database. (Just a suggestion)

Far as I know Open office can already read and link to .MDB files and MDB is the file type I am working with. The only thing is, I don’t think the access forms-gui is compactable with open office. The Excel and word replacement in open office should already be able to access the data linked tables in the Access MDB file for editable spread sheets or mail merge.

asiby wrote:
4. Most good and fast CRM are GUI based and not Web based (for obvious reasons). If you have manager to make a like between an organizer (like Outlook or Atc! for example) and a2billing, that will ease up a lot of thinks when it comes to handling a customer relation.

CRM (customer real-time management) This is where a2b really lacks and no matter how much work Areski does, even if he spent day and night for the rest of his life blistering his finger tips and wearing his keyboard lettering off he still wont be able to please everyone when it comes to CRM. Knowing this, the best thing he can do is make it more compatible to great CRM applications already on the market. And this is what I have done to some extent. I think mostly what is needed here is to change some of the data types in some of the fields in the a2b mysql database. Even for a2billing if I am not badly mistaken some of the data types being used now should be changed anyways to increase performance or save space. In other cases there will be a some loss of performance however the added benefit of users being able to use their own CRM application, far exceed this loss. Outlook, Atc, Act (Act maybe) , Excel, and Access are all either great customizable CRM applications or applications which can be used for buidling a CRM application and they all exchange data with each other with really no programming experience required. I very seldom use the web gui for A2b because I need to provide top quality customer service and web interface just doesn’t give me enough to work with.

If others have interest in what datatype to change I will post it in the correct part of the form.. I think things gone off topic here

(Correction) act used to share data back when i used it. I know i had both act and Access linked to same data files. but I just read now tha Atc is supose to share data a lot better then act. So who knows they might of change somehting .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 5:04 am 

Yes, this fixed the issue.. didn't notice after upgrade , defualt a2billing.conf changed here.
areski wrote:

Did you simply try to replace this
dialcommand_param = "|60|HRrL(%timeout%:61000:30000)"

by

dialcommand_param = "|60|HL(%timeout%:61000:30000)"

Regards, Areski

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 10:21 pm 

This is surely something fantaastic that a2billing severely lacks!

How will this work with the latest releases of a2billing?

Goodwork Sam! Is this work being contributed to the community??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 4:54 am 

Hi

One of the issues I had a while ago was getting MS Access to recognise some datatypes, such as bigint, used for the card ID amongst other things.

How did you get round this problem?

Yours

Joe Roper

Voice Broadcast System