Support A2Billing :

provided by Star2Billing S.L.

Support A2Billing :
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:19 am
Voice Broadcast System

All times are UTC

Post subject: URGENT! some calls stay connected even when hung up
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:18 pm 

lately it has been happening that some calls stay connected for about 5-6 hours when the call was terminated in 5 minutes or so. The session duration with the termination company is correct but not in my cdr. Customers are getting charged alot of money for these calls. It's a bug but i can't figure out what is causing it and how to fix it

Please help

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 10:03 pm 

Sounds like an asterisk issue. However I always limit my calls to 120 minutes as a safeguard

dialcommand_param = "|60|iHRL(%timeout%:61000:30000)"

; by default (3600000 = 1HOUR MAX CALL)
dialcommand_param_sipiax_friend = "|60|iHL(5400000:61000:30000)"

So if you have defaults set, then A2B is droping as requested, but your asterisk setup isn't working properly.

Regards

[Edit]

I've just noticed you've cross posted this message, please don't do that, it's very annoying.

And as I've said before this is not a bug in A2B (there's too many people using it for this to come to light now). Check your asterisk setup. Or put it this way, I handle some 20,000 calls a day, and I don't have a single instance of this happening.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 1:38 pm 

what limiting the call session has anything to do with calls are not getting disconnected when customers hung up. this issue happened only 5 times since last year, and my setup is the same as urs. i cross post this message because i realised that i posted it in the wrong place. If it doesn't happen to you it doesn't mean that it doesn't happen to anyone else, bugs are triggred in very particular situations.

anyone else has any ideas why this is happening

Post subject: Re: URGENT! some calls stay connected even when hung up
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:29 pm 

Alan wrote:
The session duration with the termination company is correct but not in my cdr.
Which narrows the problem down to the signalling between your carrier and your Asterisk box.
This might be caused by bursts of packet loss, or it might be something more reproduceable.
In your situation I would strongly consider leaving tcpdump sniffing all SIP dialogues with your carrier, for dissection later with Wireshark when the problem manifests itself once more:
Code:
# tcpdump -s 1500 -i eth0 -w carrier.tcpdump "(port 5060 or icmp) and net 10.10.10.0/24"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:24 pm 

Alan wrote:
what limiting the call session has anything to do with calls are not getting disconnected when customers hung up. this issue happened only 5 times since last year, and my setup is the same as urs. i cross post this message because i realised that i posted it in the wrong place. If it doesn't happen to you it doesn't mean that it doesn't happen to anyone else, bugs are triggred in very particular situations.

anyone else has any ideas why this is happening

My point was this, if A2B is disconnecting, it's highly unlikely to be a bug in A2B and as Stavros suggests more than likely a setup problem at your end with Asterisk or your ITSP.

You don't mention what version of asterisk and if this is a SIP or IAX trunk

regards

VoIP Billing solution