provided by Star2Billing S.L.

Support A2Billing :
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:44 pm
Voice Broadcast System

All times are UTC

Post subject: "You have 500 minutes for this call"="Usted t
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 6:32 pm 

Hi!

I've been encountering a problem that is quite absurd: the IVR supports 4 languages: English, Spanish, French and Portuguese.
When dialling a certain number from English, French or Portuguese language menu, the A2Billing gives back the correct amount of minutes for that call. Let's say 500 as an example. When dialling that same number from the Spanish prompt the results are extremely different: in the case 84 minutes.
Any ideas of what can cause this?

Thanks for any help,

Luis_BCN :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:44 pm 

You don't give many details so it's very hard to guess. One possibility would be if you are using several different AGI-CONFs to force the language perhaps you're accidentally forcing the callplan too for Spanish.

Post subject: Spanish not reporting properly
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:16 pm 

I am seeing the same issue. And while I do not have the details that someone may be looking for, I would be happy to provide them.

What I am seeing is that once a call is made and the call ends, the recording states what remaining minutes the cardholder has. However, it continually drops the 1st digit. If the user really had 156 minutes, it will only state that he has 56 minutes.

So where do I look?????????????

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:26 pm 

If it's only the '1' digit that isn't pronounced that would suggest that the sound sample for '1' is not installed or corrupted in some way. Watch the Asterisk console carefully (with a high verbose level) to see if it's trying to play '1', and if any errors are thrown at this point.

If it's always the first digit missing, regardless of what that digit might be, I would suspect a bug in Asterisk's number -> text conversion for your language.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:34 pm 

Well, it particularly happens with any number greater than 99. I have checked the ciento.gsm file in /var/lib/asterisk/sounds/es and that appears to be fine but I am not sure where to look for the resolution. If there is a text conversion for spanish, where might that be?

thx

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 9:18 pm 

Anyone find a solution to this? The 1st digit over 100 also seems to drop for the Spanish one only. English is fine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:20 pm 

Seems to be a problem in asterisk but the only way we fixed it was to set the language to english and rename all the spanish gsm files to english.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:37 pm 

cowboy47 wrote:
the only way we fixed it was to set the language to english and rename all the spanish gsm files to english
I guess if the word-order in similar enough between English and Spanish that might be reasonable work-around.
jeffersonkim wrote:
The 1st digit over 100 also seems to drop for the Spanish one only.
I'm sure this issue was reported here a long time ago, but in that instance it was affecting phrases for numbers in the 1,000s rather than 100s.
Neither of you have responded to my request to carefully check the Asterisk console whilst it's pronouncing these problematic phrases; it could be as simple as a missing prompt. If it isn't the prompt that is missing then this is certainly sounds like a bug in Asterisk, which handles the localised pronunciation of strings of numbers. You should consult their bug tracker and open a new bug if you find nothing applicable.

VoIP Billing solution