Support A2Billing :

provided by Star2Billing S.L.

Support A2Billing :
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:46 am
Voice Broadcast System

All times are UTC

Post subject: Potential Ratecard Bug
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 7:32 pm 

I have a new system which was installed by the good folks at A2B for me. I haven't made any modifications to since the install. Here is the condition that i am seeing.

1. I created a ratecard, created a rate, created a call plan, added the ratecard to the callplan.

2. Created a customer and while doing so activated/created SIP/IAX friend.

3. Added the appropriate information to my SIP client (eyeBeam) and then made several calls.

This all worked as expected calls went through everything was fine until...

When I looked at the CDR report it showed 9 calls all going to numbers that I called from the SIP client. However, 2 out of the 9 calls displayed incorrect buy rates, sell rates, and other incorrect information. From where I don't know. There is only two rate cards and 2 rates. One I created and once created by Areski or whomever at A2B.

Any ideas why this might be occuring?

Attachments:
Picture 4.png
Picture 4.png [ 59.89 KiB | Viewed 3400 times ]

Post subject: Re: Potential Ratecard Bug
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 3:57 pm 

There was a bug in the ratecard code which was fixed by the v1.3.3 release. Upgrade to this if you haven't already.
Quote:
Any ideas why this might be occuring?
It must be pulling the 'incorrect' rates from a ratecard, and as you say only 4 rates in total it shouldn't be too hard to see from where it's being sourced.
What were you expecting each of these calls to be charged?

Post subject: RE: Maybe Not
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 5:32 pm 

Well, I had a colleague of mine look at this and he pointed out that what I was seeing might be the total cost of the call. In other words, the calls in question which show different rates, are actually the total cost and sell rate of the call based on the number of minutes shown.

I wasn't expecting to see that in those columns so I thought something weird was going on.

Anyway, unless you know that this is not expected behavior which means my assumption is incorrect than I'll say this isn't a bug.

What do you think?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 6:44 pm 

Your colleague is quite right. What you are seeing is not the rate at all. It is the total cost based on the billing block and the duration of the call.

By simply looking at you data, I see that your buying rate is 0.055 and that you are not using any connection or disconnection charge and most importantly, you have a 60 seconds billing block. The 60s billing block will allow to compute the costs by rounding the duration to the next minute. So based on your call data, here is what we get for the buying costs:

Code:
Real duration --> Rounded duration --> Formula = Result
01:07 --> 2 --> 0.055 * 2 = 0.110
00:05 --> 1 --> 0.055 * 1 = 0.055
00:12 --> 1 --> 0.055 * 1 = 0.055
05:41 --> 2 --> 0.055 * 6 = 0.330
00:33 --> 1 --> 0.055 * 1 = 0.055
00:18 --> 1 --> 0.055 * 1 = 0.055
00:18 --> 1 --> 0.055 * 1 = 0.055

P.S.: On the customer interface, the actual rate ($/min) is displayed in the CDR. The CDR is a little bit different than the admin CDR.

Cheers

Predictive Dialer