Support A2Billing :

provided by Star2Billing S.L.

Support A2Billing :
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:00 pm
Voice Broadcast System

All times are UTC

Post subject: Admin Page not loading - Version 1.3.2 (Yellowjacket)
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 2:27 am 

I am encounting a bug at the moment, when i log into the admin panel, all menus will not expand, i get stuck on the PP_intro.php page with no information being shown. I have tried restarting MySQL and HTTPD, do not know if there really is anything else i can try?

I basically just get the menu displayed, but not expandable, the top bar and nothing else. No changes were made before this started happening. I am trying to avoid asterisk restart/box restart as the system is currently live.

Thanks,

Joe Goldman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:57 am 

Check if Javascript is enabled in your Web Browser.

Also, try to analyze the page to see if everything was loadable and loaded properly (reference to js files, ...). The Web developer addon for Firefox can help you do that.

Cheers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:16 am 

Here is my java error console:

[img=http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/2029/a2billingrw4.jpg]
[img=http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/2029/a2billingrw4.9f98706f2b.jpg]

And my display when i try to load anything:

[img=http://img520.imageshack.us/img520/728/a2billingdisplayel2.jpg]
[img=http://img520.imageshack.us/img520/728/a2billingdisplayel2.6b59abde80.jpg]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:30 am 

If you are using Java, then you are most likely not using A2Billing. I guess you mean Javascript. The screenshoot that I saw were not Javascript error. And the file g1.php is not an a2billing file. So make sure that your web server pointing to the right folder?

Code:
Fatal error: Call to undefined function read_country_from_memcache() in /home/image/www/g1.php on line 90

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:13 am 

What the hell, no thats imageshack screwing up sorry! It is JavaScript error console sorry.

Attachments:
File comment: Webpage Render
a2billing-display.jpg
a2billing-display.jpg [ 34.75 KiB | Viewed 10763 times ]
File comment: Java Console
a2billing.jpg
a2billing.jpg [ 70.24 KiB | Viewed 10873 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:48 pm 

Can you please patch that troublesome main.css file with the changes from changeset r944 and retest.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:13 am 

I have changed main.css in 2 locations:

/usr/local/src/A2BCustomer_UI/templates/default/css/main.css

/var/www/html/a2billing/Public/templates/default/css/main.css

The Error console does not look much different, in regards to the CSS errors, but the main thing that is more worrying is the 4 js errors:

'illegal character'
<root>/a2billing/Public/javascript/jquery/jquery.js LINE 2246

'jQuery is not defined'
<root>/a2billing/Public/javascript/jquery/jquery.debug.js LINE 19

'jQuery is not defined'
<root>/a2billing/Public/javascript/jquery/ilogger.js LINE 22

'$ is not defined'
<root>/a2billing/Public/javascript/jquery/handler_jquery.js LINE 4

Now i do not know JavaScript all that well, just basic things to get me by. I have had a bit of a look at thes elines but i do not understand what i am meant to be looking for in regards to faults etc. I tried restarting httpd after applying that css (although it shouldnt be needed) anyways, the problem still exists.

Added after 25 minutes:

Looking at ti further myself, it seems all errors are a production of the last error '$ not defined' where '$' is $(document) in handler_jquery.js. I may be completely wrong here. But where is $(document) defined? Why would this all of a sudden stop working?

As said i know very little javascript, and the above is just an observation from my untrained eyes looking. So the expertise of you guys would be much appreciated.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 2:21 am 

I'm far from an expert on Javascript myself, and my ability to help you is greatly limited by the fact that I'm not receiving these errors in Firefox 3 using A2B v1.3.3.
A quick search, unless I'm missing something important, shows that JQuery is referred to by the Smarty templates alone. I get the impression it's not a required dependency, so you might try removing the 4 lines in main.tpl which are loading it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 2:52 am 

Initial thoughts appear to be wrong, i have commented out those lines and tried again. Exact same problem, however the errors are no longer appearing in the error console. So it appears to have commented them out succesfully, but no further progress on the issue. Is there a 'log' of sorts viewable for a2billing front end?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 3:03 am 

A2B maintains a log of all page views, but little else. You may also consult your Apache log files or syslog depending on where you have configured PHP to log warnings and/or errors, but I doubt you'll find anything related to JavaScript errors there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 4:24 am 

Have delved a bit further, this line here was stopping the page rendering:

Code:
<li><a href="logout.php?logout=true" target="_top"><font color="#DD0000"><b>&nbsp;&nbsp;{php} echo gettext("LOGOUT");{/php}</b></font></a></li>

i removed:

Code:
{php} echo gettext("LOGOUT");{/php}

And it starts rendering, i have re-included the JS files again, but i can still not expand menu's etc. i get the random error of:

Code:
Warning: Error in parsing value for property 'cursor'.  Declaration dropped.
Source File: http://voip/a2billing/Public/PP_intro.php
Line: 0

but all i can see is that changes the mouse pointer to a hand when hovering over. I still get the jQuery errors if i include the JS, andi cant get menu's expanding with or without them included.

Any other thoughts?

Added after 53 minutes:

Looking at it a LOT further, it seems to have problems looking up Variables inside the TPL file, like {$SKIN_NAME} and {$PAGE_SELF}

Some of them it can find, and others it cant, it happens fairly randomly, but because of this it skips it and pushes on generally missing a " now because of it, causing basically all syntax after that to be incorrect.

Still looking into it but further thoughts would be appreciated.

Added after 12 minutes:

More findings, its also crapping out at the very last {/if} of the main.tpl file. This causes it to stop the script before displaying the templtes. This really has me baffled, looks like something wrong in the 'Smarty Template' engine? Never used it before so i have even less of an idea on this haha.

This is getting frustrating >_<

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:36 pm 

joegoldman wrote:
Have delved a bit further, this line here was stopping the page rendering...
Which would tend to indicate that your PHP installation is lacking gettext support. Did you check PHP's log destination for clues as I suggested previously?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 11:41 pm 

Yes but nothing is really being outputted. It originially was going to syslog, so i tailed syslog and the only stuff i got was when calls were being made. Something in Class.A2Billing.php. But nothing wheni was trying to load pages.

I am thinking a re-install may be required. Take a backup of the DB and conf files and re-install the whole lot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:45 am 

A bit more interesting:

The customer side of things works perfectly still. So i dont know. THis is becoming extremely frustrating i dont really want to have to re-install.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 3:52 am 

Argh!! Another box of no relation to the first, has also started doing this. Could have been around the same time im not sure as i dont check this second box very often. Time to start looking around at recent updates done to see whats happened here :(

Auto Dialer Software