Support A2Billing :
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:25 am
Hosted Voice Broadcast

All times are UTC

Post subject: Disconnection charge problem
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 5:23 pm 

Hello,
I am not sure is it bug or it is the real way. The thing is when i attach
disconnection charge should it not deduct from the credit after call has been established? But this system deducting money before first call been made.
I am not saying it is not deducting it is deducting after every call established but for the first time when no call yet made the system already speaking of minute i have after deduction of disconnected charge.

Like an example if 2 cents per minute if asssigned for us call and credit
assigen 1 dollar our calculation will say 50 minutes available and if disconnection charge assign as 20 cents per minute the system saying 40 minutes available without any call establishment. I know in the code some where they deducting earlier .
How would i resolv the problem?

Post subject: Re: Disconnection charge problem
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 5:35 pm 

mushfiq wrote:
The thing is when i attach
disconnection charge should it not deduct from the credit after call has been established?
A2B only ever deducts credit at the end of a call.
Quote:
when no call yet made the system already speaking of minute i have after deduction of disconnected charge.
Yes, it will announce the number of minutes you have remaining after taking into account any connect/disconnect fees. This is necessary because the customer's balance would otherwise become negative (to the sum of the connect+disconnect fees) if they exhausted their credit during the call.
Quote:
How would i resolv the problem?
You'd have to modify the rate-engine code to ignore the connect+disconnect fees for the purposes of calculating the call timeout. But do you really want to? It seems a lot of effort to go to in order to lose money.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 5:49 pm 

Hi,
sorry for late reply. I dont want to ignore disconnection fee it must required. My situation is only at first time when i configure the system
as 2 cents per minute for 1 dollar it would say 50 minutes but it does not it says 40 minutes as i put 20 cents disconnection chrage and if any call made it disconnectes 20 cents thats is good that we must want but we dont want without making call it reduce to 40 minutes because of setting 20 minutes disconnection charge. its not only for disconnection it s happend for timecharge and some other thing also.

It become horrible when we introduce to someone.
if dont put disconnection fee there is nothing actually to make money from

I have some other question about how to work this progressive billing
this dont work and also cront service is anything left for configuration?
i will post it another heading too.

Post subject: Re: Disconnection charge problem
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:56 pm 

stavros wrote:
Yes, it will announce the number of minutes you have remaining after taking into account any connect/disconnect fees. This is necessary because the customer's balance would otherwise become negative (to the sum of the connect+disconnect fees) if they exhausted their credit during the call.

That's really an improper application of the connect and disconnect fees as far as industry standards go. By calculating the disconnect fee in the math for how long you can talk for, you eliminate its utility and it has ZERO difference between it and the connect fee.

A disconnect fee should be levied AFTER the call, and should not be used in calculation of how many minutes you can speak for. If it a user burns the entire balance on the first try, it is the "Perk" that he was not charged the disconnect fee (actually he was, but zero minus 50 cents (-0.50) is still zero as far as the customer is concerned. The disconnect fee is a loss leader (potentially) for the consumer and gives them incentive to "BURN" the card on its first usage.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 5:22 pm 

Krykat wrote:

"A disconnect fee should be levied AFTER the call, and should not be used in calculation of how many minutes you can speak for. "

Thats what i am pointing to this post. You exactly found it.
and later what just you said i also agree so keeping the code as it is
can we just play the message when it syas how many minutes and second as full minutes as it suppose to say?

Only in the message play is it possible than how ?

[/code][/list]

Predictive Dialer