Support A2Billing :

provided by Star2Billing S.L.

Support A2Billing :
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:29 pm
Predictive Dialer

All times are UTC

Post subject: Is A2Billing ressource intensive?
PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:55 am 

Hi all,

First, I would like to say thanks for A2Billing that is very complete in features and allows virtually anyone to launch a commercial VoIP provider operation relatively easily.

I had a look at the source code and I see there is virtually nothing at all going on in the dialplan itself. Anything A2Billing does is via AGI calls.
However, it is common knowledge that deferring all the dialplan logic to AGI calls is not best practice since it can turn ugly as the number of users grow.

Thus, I was wondering how does A2Billing scale for those of you using it with a larger number of users?
I was also wondering why did Star2Billing choose to defer all of the dialplan logic to the php scripts with AGI calls?

Thanks,

Post subject: Re: Is A2Billing ressource intensive?
PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:18 am 

Hi

Bear in mind that the code base of A2Billing is about 10 years old, and if starting with a blank sheet of paper with today's technology, other decisions may have been made. However, a2billing.php and it's methodologies have served us well over the years.

We have companies using A2Billing with tens of thousands of customers without issue, some of them distributed systems, e.g. DB and Asterisk server(s) on separate hardware, and this is a method we would recommend to increase capacity.

For raw capacity in a wholesale environment, although I have not tested to capacity, simply that it works, you could consider viewtopic.php?f=18&t=10428

Joe

Post subject: Re: Is A2Billing ressource intensive?
PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:39 pm 

Thanks for the information

Predictive Dialer