Support A2Billing :

provided by Star2Billing S.L.

Support A2Billing :
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:10 pm
Hosted Voice Broadcast

All times are UTC

Post subject: Package offers
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 10:12 am 

I had cause to look at the way the package offers are implemented today, and what I've found concerns me. Unless I'm being spectacularly short-sighted it seems the code doesn't consult the $packagetype at all, and therefore all four package options (normal, free, unlimited and free+unlimited) behave in exactly the same way. :o

So all four options currently implement what I'd call a 'free minutes package'. Unlimited is self explanatory, and a very simple change to the code. My problem comes when I try to plan how to implement the other two package types.
What does 'normal' mean? I can't imagine what might be its intended purpose. :hmm:
How is unlimited+free meant to work? Maybe if FT2C in the ratecard is 1 it's a free minutes destination, otherwise it's unlimited? Or vice-versa perhaps? Perhaps we should extend the ratecard's FT2C field so 0: normal, 1: free minutes, 2: unlimited? That last suggestion would certainly be the most flexible with respect to the packages that could be created, as it effectively creates two packages in one.

I'd love to hear any opinions you may have on this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 1:30 pm 

hmmm I understand that this part is confusing :D

Well the packate type is more a label for the admin to remember how did the setup of its packages.

Free Minute + Unlimited :
this means that on the package you will have a amount on "FREE TIME TO CALL" and on the ratecard you will have some destination with cost = 0

Free Minute :
this means that on the package you will have a amount on "FREE TIME TO CALL"

Unlimited :
this means that on the ratecard you will have some destination with cost = 0

Normal :
this is without none of the above

So there is no need to use in the AGI or elsewhere the package type.

Let me know if this make sense.

All the best,
/Areski

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 1:58 pm 

Yes, that makes things much clearer for me. I was evidently reading too much into those labels. I'll stop worrying now about how to implement it properly, as the job is already done.
Thanks for your response.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 11:51 pm 

areski wrote:

Well the packate type is more a label for the admin to remember how did the setup of its packages.

this means that on the package you will have a amount on "FREE TIME TO CALL" and on the ratecard you will have some destination with cost = 0

Free Minute :

Unlimited :

Normal :

All the best,
/Areski

see my problem with this is,
example

i want to offer 3 call plans
1 unlimited canada
2 unlimited USa
3 Unlimited GTA

so now a cust comes along and sellects unlimited gta and on the unlimited gta i have a rate card attached that lets call GTA and in that ratecard we offer so many local area codes as free as marked in the package offer of GTAfree. so now once the customer sigs up and if there is 0.01 in that account he can acess say 1000 free minutes on his calling plan to the gta.

I see no way of stopping this, with free mintes you cannot offer a signup a free 10 minute call and give them 0.50 to pay for it. once you do that it opens to the freeGTa package attached to the call plan.

now can we make a change in the signip that does not allow the cust to select a plan and for that matter in the cust UI if the cust changes his call plan or can he will it auto change him to say a more expensive call plan with out paying

Post subject: Suggesting
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 4:34 am 

areski wrote:

Free Minute :

Unlimited :

Normal :

All the best,
/Areski

On this note. I would like to suggest that a new table be added to the system to save information about montly payment made and allow a customer to make calls on the free to call even if the balance is 0 and any amount in the balance would be concidered to be extra amount and can be used for calls that are not set to Free to call. I am not sure if I explained my self correctly.
thanks

Post subject: Re: Suggesting
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 6:47 am 

graher01 wrote:
allow a customer to make calls on the free to call even if the balance is 0
Does setting 'min_credit_2call = -0.01' not do this?
Quote:
and any amount in the balance would be concidered to be extra amount and can be used for calls that are not set to Free to call.
That's the way things work currently.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 2:07 pm 

stavros wrote:
graher01 wrote:
allow a customer to make calls on the free to call even if the balance is 0
Does setting 'min_credit_2call = -0.01' not do this?
Quote:
and any amount in the balance would be concidered to be extra amount and can be used for calls that are not set to Free to call.
That's the way things work currently.

I have tried the -0.01 it does not work for me. it still ask for the card number unless it is above 0
Currently if you have 10 dollars because you charge 10 a month and the person make a call that is not free the 10 dollars is deducted from the balance. only extra money should remain in the balance in my opinion.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 3:05 pm 

graher01 wrote:
I have tried the -0.01 it does not work for me. it still ask for the card number unless it is above 0
I've just read the code that does this:
Code:
if( $A2B->credit < $A2B->agiconfig['min_credit_2call'] && $A2B -> typepaid==0)
and I'm having a hard time understanding why that doesn't work. I've got a strange sense of deja-vu about this, but surely putting 0.0001 credit in their account will circumvent this limitation. Perhaps you could use auto-refill to maintain the balances at this value or above. I've never used it so test well.
Quote:
and the person make a call that is not free the 10 dollars is deducted from the balance.
:x You must mean the cost of the call is deducted from the balance. I hope...
Quote:
only extra money should remain in the balance in my opinion.
I'm sure both I and others have told you precisely this before, but let's recap once more. That is the way it is designed to be used. You credit each customer with $10/month when they pay. The system will deduct $10/month from the customers set on such a subscription. Those same customers want to have their package offer set to the relevant free minutes package. Any extra balance is used to fund non-free calls. Please, in what way does it fail to meet your stated needs?
In light of Areski's input above it should be noted that the 'package type' is ignored; it is purely for documentation. To activate the package (even 'unlimited'!) the 'free time to call' field must be >0.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 6:29 pm 

stavros wrote:
graher01 wrote:
I've just read the code that does this:
Code:
if( $A2B->credit < $A2B->agiconfig['min_credit_2call'] && $A2B -> typepaid==0)
and I'm having a hard time understanding why that doesn't work. I've got a strange sense of deja-vu about this, but surely putting 0.0001 credit in their account will circumvent this limitation. Perhaps you could use auto-refill to maintain the balances at this value or above. I've never used it so test well.
Quote:
and the person make a call that is not free the 10 dollars is deducted from the balance.
:x You must mean the cost of the call is deducted from the balance. I hope...
Quote:
only extra money should remain in the balance in my opinion.
I'm sure both I and others have told you precisely this before, but let's recap once more. That is the way it is designed to be used. You credit each customer with $10/month when they pay. The system will deduct $10/month from the customers set on such a subscription. Those same customers want to have their package offer set to the relevant free minutes package. Any extra balance is used to fund non-free calls. Please, in what way does it fail to meet your stated needs?
In light of Areski's input above it should be noted that the 'package type' is ignored; it is purely for documentation. To activate the package (even 'unlimited'!) the 'free time to call' field must be >0.

I did not explain correctly.
base on Areski's statement
Free Minute :
Let say I have a customer who pays 10 dollars a month and in return I give him Free minutes let say for the US I set FTtc on the proper code. the balance still shows 10 dollars and he makes a call to let say France that is a charge call the amount is reduced from the 10 dollars. What I was suggesting is that for monthly payment it be stored in a different field to indicate that it has been paid and he is allowed to make calls. Maybe I am wrong

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:52 pm 

areski wrote:

Free Minute :

Unlimited :

Normal :

All the best,
/Areski

Hi,

I want to offer (say) 200 free calls per month to some specific destinations.

I understand that in package offer one can offer free minutes, but I want to offer a fixed number of untimed calls to some destinations. Is there any way to do that?

Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:16 pm 

Not currently. The modifications wouldn't be too complicated if you've any PHP + SQL experience.

Hosted Voice Broadcast