Support A2Billing :

provided by Star2Billing S.L.

Support A2Billing :
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:26 am
Predictive Dialer

All times are UTC

Post subject: trunk vs trunk_v2
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:58 pm 

Can someone tell me the difference between trunk and trunk_v2 the seem to be the saem and when will 1.4 beta come out.

thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 7:13 pm 

In our Subversion repository 'branches/1.3' holds the latest v1.3.X code, 'trunk' holds the v1.4 code, and 'trunk_v2' holds the v2.00 code.
v1.4 is based on v1.3 and moves all the configuration into SQL tables, and adds a few new features. Although I don't use it much myself I get the impression v1.4 is pretty much ready for production usage.
v2.00 holds much deeper changes, and includes a totally new framework, rate-engine, SQL schema, configuration, etc. I believe this won't be ready for users to test for a long while yet.
I'm not aware of plans for a release of either of these in the near future. I think Areski mentioned that the v1.4 release might be skipped entirely to concentrate development effort on v2.00.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 7:31 pm 

stavros wrote:
In our Subversion repository 'branches/1.3' holds the latest v1.3.X code, 'trunk' holds the v1.4 code, and 'trunk_v2' holds the v2.00 code.
v1.4 is based on v1.3 and moves all the configuration into SQL tables, and adds a few new features. Although I don't use it much myself I get the impression v1.4 is pretty much ready for production usage.
v2.00 holds much deeper changes, and includes a totally new framework, rate-engine, SQL schema, configuration, etc. I believe this won't be ready for users to test for a long while yet.
I'm not aware of plans for a release of either of these in the near future. I think Areski mentioned that the v1.4 release might be skipped entirely to concentrate development effort on v2.00.

Base on what you said above the website is wrong because it says something different. if I use trunk I could have lots of problem base on what you said. I would have to install on a differnt machine to see how it works first.

<<
Getting the latest code ΒΆ

In order to get the latest code, youu will need to check it out of the SVN

The command to do this is: -

svn co --username guest http://svn.a2billing.net/svn/asterisk2billing/

Password is guest

Anyone can check code out of the SVN, but special privileges are required to check code back in.

The code will be downloaded into a directory called asterisk2billing as a sub-directory of the directory in which you executed the above command.

Within the asterisk2billing directory, there are three directories that are of interest :

* Tags : Future sub-releases of major versions.
* Branches : This is the working area used for fixing bugs in major releases.
* Trunk : The newest version of the SVN code. This is where you would generally install the A2Billing application from. <<

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 7:49 pm 

I agree.
Personally I would word that section thusly:
Quote:
* Tags : holds copies of released tarball versions
* Branches : This is where the stable releases are maintained (ie, bugfixes only). You should generally install from a branches/1.3.
* Trunk & Trunk_V2 : Where new development takes place, prior to a release being packaged.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:00 pm 

stavros wrote:
I agree.
Personally I would word that section thusly:
Quote:
* Tags : holds copies of released tarball versions
* Branches : This is where the stable releases are maintained (ie, bugfixes only). You should generally install from a branches/1.3.
* Trunk & Trunk_V2 : Where new development takes place, prior to a release being packaged.

Thanks I will give it a go

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 7:29 pm 

we renamed trunk_v2 to experimental_v2
in order to not make it confusing, this is going to be a big mess before we get something stable and clean for the community to test!

Rgds, Areski

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 8:49 pm 

areski wrote:
we renamed trunk_v2 to experimental_v2
in order to not make it confusing, this is going to be a big mess before we get something stable and clean for the community to test!

Rgds, Areski

Thank you. if Trunk is 1.4 does it also include the reseller modules

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:39 pm 

no

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 2:07 pm 

areski wrote:
no

Can you give me an idea when reseller module will be included if it will be in 1.4
thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 2:51 pm 

graher01 wrote:
areski wrote:
no

Can you give me an idea when reseller module will be included if it will be in 1.4 thanks
As Areski already said there is no reseller support in trunk/v1.4. FYI, this is something you can already achieve with no modifications to A2B through the use of virtualisation.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 3:02 pm 

stavros wrote:
graher01 wrote:
areski wrote:
no

Can you give me an idea when reseller module will be included if it will be in 1.4 thanks
As Areski already said there is no reseller support in trunk/v1.4. FYI, this is something you can already achieve with no modifications to A2B through the use of virtualisation.

Hi Stavos
Can you give me a hint as to how to do the virtualization. I would appreciate it.
thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 3:28 pm 

There are a variety of virtualisation products available for Linux, including OpenVZ, VServer, Xen and KVM. I use VServer. It's simply a matter of chaining multiple A2B instances together in the topology you desire. Reinvites are enabled on all but the perimeter machines so there is no duplication of RTP streams. Each A2B instance authenticates to its parent by accountcode, so CLIs can be passed through each level.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 4:13 pm 

stavros wrote:
There are a variety of virtualisation products available for Linux, including OpenVZ, VServer, Xen and KVM. I use VServer. It's simply a matter of chaining multiple A2B instances together in the topology you desire. Reinvites are enabled on all but the perimeter machines so there is no duplication of RTP streams. Each A2B instance authenticates to its parent by accountcode, so CLIs can be passed through each level.

Thanks I will give it a go.

Voice Broadcast System