Support A2Billing :

provided by Star2Billing S.L.

Support A2Billing :
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:36 pm
VoIP Billing solution

All times are UTC

Post subject: Agent 1.4
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:01 pm 

Did Agent module work on trunk version or still is in development ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:23 pm 

Open source is a two-way street; try it out and report your findings to help improve it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 7:06 am 

stavros wrote:
Open source is a two-way street; try it out and report your findings to help improve it.

Yes i know theat but im not having programing expirience .I like to know before start testing and finding problem are Agent in function ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 11:32 am 

You don't need to be a programmer to test software.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 11:47 am 

stavros wrote:
You don't need to be a programmer to test software.

Also i know theat but i like to know are Agent in function ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 11:50 am 

We'll never know until someone tests it adequately.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 1:57 pm 

quickphone, the hardest part has been done already (the Agent module has been built). The only contribution that you are being asked to do is to test it. Why does it seem so difficult? Why won't you test it? Your unwillingness to do something as simple as testing it may discourage those who did it to come forward just to say "Yes it works!". So just test it. Or maybe you'd rather ChipIn! some financial contribution to make sure that the Agent module will be perfect once released.

Cheers

(Edited to remove some typos)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:36 am 

asiby wrote:
quickphone, the hardest part has been done already (the Agent module has been built). The only contribution that you are being asked to do is to test it. Why does it seem so difficult? Why won't you test it? Your unwillingness to do something as simple as testing it may discourage those who did it to come forward just to say "Yes it works!". So just test it. Or maybe you'd rather ChipIn! some financial contribution to make sure that the Agent module will be perfect once released.

Cheers

(Edited to remove some typos)

Asiby write now im making new server for my callshop and all my calling card i whant to transfer to this new server and theat why i dont what to test with this server :) on this new i will install latest stable A2B .But i will install after theat new server for testing A2B 1.4 and then will see, and about Chipin please provide moneybooker account becouse im from Macedonia and paypal dont accept customer from our country

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 2:55 pm 

Ok. The ChipIn! is not under my control. Areski shall take care of that if possible at all.

For your servers, I have one advise that is: "Don't take anyone word for it. See see everything with your own eyes, and test everything yourself to make sure. The life of your business depends on it!".

You are going to be relying on something to run your business and you won't test it before? This is the 1st time that I hear such a thing.

I test every thing before using it for production. Even commercial applications. They have to have my seal of approval before making it to the stage. People have different needs. What happen if someone comes forward and says that it is working perfectly, and later on you find out that you two had a totally different expectation regarding the agent module and that it does not work for you? Or what happen if nobody ever answers your initial question :lol:. Then I guess you will never use it.

It's your choice anyway.

Good luck.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 3:35 pm 

Is agent feature in trunk considered complete? I see no way for reseller to upload his own rates/create his own tarffplan. Or reseller feature is not planned for 1.4?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 5:15 pm 

Hi
Its been called agent functionality, not reseller functionality.

I see the difference as follows:-

1. An agent simply sells products you create as the owner of the platform, with the rates and and marketing that you supply.

2. A Reseller can create their own products and is responsible for their own marketing.

1.4 is designed for point 1, to track commissions and handle basic admin for their customers.

If you want reseller functionality now, then build your reseller their own A2Billing server (real or virtual), which terminates to your A2Billing server,

Joe

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 5:19 pm 

I see... The reseller module for a2b 1.3.X (3rd party development) HAS reseller capabilities. I wonder why only agent functionality (who needs agent-only???) is included into trunk...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 5:28 pm 

"(who needs agent-only???) "

Many many people - there are thousands of companies and people out there who sell products for other people, without changing the brand or the product, and not just in the telecoms industry.

Can you link to the 3rd party module you refer to.

Joe

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 5:43 pm 

jroper wrote:
"(who needs agent-only???) "

Many many people - there are thousands of companies and people out there who sell products for other people, without changing the brand or the product, and not just in the telecoms industry.

Can you link to the 3rd party module you refer to.

Joe

http://forum.asterisk2billing.org/viewt ... e+download

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:03 pm 

Sorry, I'm not seeing the link where I can actually download this module, or indeed any licensing.

It appears to have been promised but never delivered.

There is a lot of work to do to do reseller functionality properly and accurately and efficiently, so unless you are going to use multiple A2Billing servers which is here right now, don't expect it any time soon.

Joe

Hosted Voice Broadcast