Support A2Billing :

provided by Star2Billing S.L.

Support A2Billing :
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:25 pm
VoIP Billing solution

All times are UTC

Post subject: CDR export csv & xml
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:03 pm 

The export file from the CDR report, the header are missing, the columns do not match.
I would expect to see exactly as it show on the screen.
the destination is a number on the report, the screen is a location called.
The date is not formatted the same, missing last 2 digits of the time.
what is the last column?

I need to send the customer the call report, he is questioning his international calls, the way it is on the screen would have been ok for now, not the way it is on either export file.
Actually this export feature should also be in the customer UI just as it display on the screen so they can get themselves.

In my opinion this is just as important as sending a meaningful invoice to the customer. This can be a tool used to show the savings the customer gets from using the local POTS provider.

Post subject: Re: CDR export csv & xml
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:49 pm 

Quote:
Actually this export feature should also be in the customer UI just as it display on the screen so they can get themselves.

Hi

We dare not put this feature in the hands of the customer, because in the case of a very busy customer with a few million records, the processing load will be so great on the server that the likelihood is that while the report is being processed, no other calls will be able to be be made, or the PDD delay will be unacceptable, or voice quality, especially where transcoding is concerned may suffer.

It would not be wise to put the power of bringing your platform to a standstill in the hands of your customers - whereas you as A2Billing admin will have some knowledge of the effects, and can mange the reports accordingly.

Joe

Post subject: Re: CDR export csv & xml
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:21 pm 

Gee.. help me understand how will output the results to a CSV file will bring the system down?
The query is already available there now on the customer UI, I dont think that the printing to the screen or to a file will put any extra load on the system, besides those A2B users that have millions of customers most likely have a machine doing A2B all by itself where its load should not affect the asterisk ability to make the call as fast as usual.

Voice Broadcast System