Support A2Billing :

provided by Star2Billing S.L.

Support A2Billing :
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:02 pm
Predictive Dialer

All times are UTC

Post subject: Would like to start a Pinless Rechargeable calling card biz?
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:08 pm 

Hello everybody, I have the intention of start a calling card business and have been searching on Google on how to do this. I`ve learned that part of the infrastructure I would need is a billing software, so after doing random searches on Google for different billing software systems I came across the Asterisk open billing software which lead me here. I see there is a lot of positive feedback for this software and would like to know if this software would work for the type of venture I would like to launch.

So basically, I would like to launch a card-less rechargeable international calling card. All users would have to do is call a location based toll free number, enter there chosen 4 digit pin, as usual get their balance, minutes left & then have the option to either add more funds/minutes using a credit card or make calls.

For new customers, users would sign up by registering a pin, add minutes/balance using their credit card information and start dialing away. Is this possible? Does Asterisk provide credit card processing over the phone? If not, can it be integrated?

I want to start this business and would love some feedback, I do not have any technical experience but am willing to work my but off. I am trying to figure out how much this would cost me and what infrastructure I need to get started. Thanks.

Post subject: Re: Would like to start a Pinless Rechargeable calling card biz?
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:49 pm 

Hi

If you are not familiar with Linux, Apache, MySQL and Asterisk, then you may consider a managed install as described at http://www.star2billing.com/consultancy ... d-install/, this will get you to a commercial service in the shortest time.

Your costs will be:-
    Server
    Hosting
    Marketing
    Origination and termination.
    and optionally, install, training and consultancy.

Joe

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:01 am 

Before I jump to what kind of billing software I would like, whether I set it up my self or hire a company to do it, I need to figure out a couple of key things that need to work out.

New customers:
1. The customers will call a local or toll free number which will forward them to a machine. The machine will ask the customer to enter it's pin, if the user doesn't have a pin then the machine will give the user an option to sign up for one. The pin will be used to log in for next time.

2. Once the pin is created, the machine will let the user know the account balance of $0 & 0 minutes.

3. Then the machine will give the user an option to add calling credit to a minimum balance of $2.50 or more. Once the user chooses the amount of balance he would like to add to his account, he will then be asked to pay with any international credit card. Once the user types in his credit card information, the user will have the option so save that data for future top offs.

4. After the user adds credit to his account, the machine will tell the user that amount of minutes that are available and proceed forward with the option to either dial a number, listen to rates or go to FAQs. If the user chooses to call someone, he will be allowed to call directly.

Existing customers:
1. The customers will call a local or toll free number which will forward them to a machine. The machine will ask the customer to enter it's pin number and the customer does so.

2. After logging in the machine will let the user know it's available account balance & amount of minutes. If the customer wants to add more credit to his account he can do so following the machines instructions.

3. The customer will also have the option to either dial a number, listen to rates or go to FAQs. If the user chooses to call someone, he will be allowed to call directly.

These are the fundamental things the billing software should be able to do, if it can not execute these things then the vision of my business will suffer and I have to do more hunting around.

Somebody please get back to me if this is possible with the asterisk software or any other billing software available in the market.

Thank you.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:08 am 

Hi

In respect of new customers, option 3, offering a IVR to topup via credit card would take custom development, however, vouchers which have been previously purchased can be used to topup.

The customer UI supports topping up via Paypal and other payment suppliers. You can also signup online,

Other than that, everything else is pretty much covered.

Joe

Predictive Dialer