Support A2Billing :

provided by Star2Billing S.L.

Support A2Billing :
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:23 pm
Hosted Voice Broadcast

All times are UTC

Post subject: How to use a2billing without answer the call
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 2:33 am 

My a2billing is working perfectly, but...

How to use a2billing without answer the sip call untile the call is really answered?

I am connecting a sip gateway to a2billing platform, with answer_call=yes this feature is bugging my pc2phone or sip gateway billing, if I set answer_call=no then I get busy tone and nothing works.

I hope any of you can help me

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 6:50 pm 

I resolve this problem removing the hangup() app in extensions.conf, weird but it works...

Post subject: Re: How to use a2billing without answer the call
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:16 am 

I have the same issue, the call gets answered from within a2billing, before being answered by the person who is receiving the call. Can anyone help? I know it has to do something with my a2billing, but what is the way to fix it is the problem, I know some people using a2billing without having this issue, so I'm sure its possible to avoid this issue.

P.S. This is also messing up some very important features on the asterisk itself, like sending a call outside, and then handling it again back inside (e.g. ring group, follow-me --> IF NO ANSWER DO BLAH BLAH)

Any help is appreciated.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:31 am 

Hi

Check you don't answer the call in the dial plan, and check you have answer_call = no in the agi-conf

Joe

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:03 pm 

jroper wrote:
Hi

Check you don't answer the call in the dial plan

Joe

Sorry, But how should I do that? I didn't understand you.

jroper wrote:
Hi

check you have answer_call = no in the agi-conf

Joe

I did this individually (only this change), and all the calls were getting dropped.

INBOUND: I am directing the calls in to A2B using: custom destination, using: *custom-a2billing-did,${EXTEN},1*, to direct DID into A2Billing for onwards delivery and billing.

OUTBOUND: I am making calls out using A2B using: which is a Custom Dial String to A2B/2.

A2B/1 is for calling card (entering pin) and A2B/2 is bypassing entering the pin.

This is my "extensions_a2billing.conf":

"

[custom-a2billing]
;Custom Destination
exten => _X.,1,Answer
exten => _X.,2,Wait,2
exten => _X.,3,DeadAGI(a2billing.php|2)
exten => _X.,4,Wait,2
exten => _X.,5,Hangup

[custom-a2billing-did]
;To deliver DID and bill for them
exten => _X.,1,deadAGI(a2billing.php|2|did)
exten => _X.,2,Hangup

[macro-dialout-trunk-predial-hook]
;FreePBX A2B Trunk Macro
exten => s,1,GotoIf($["${OUT_${DIAL_TRUNK}:4:4}" = "A2B/"]?custom-freepbx-a2billing,${OUTNUM},1:2)
exten => s,2,MacroExit

[custom-freepbx-a2billing]
;FreePBX A2B Trunk Macro
exten => _X.,1,DeadAGI(a2billing.php|${OUT_${DIAL_TRUNK}:8})
exten => _X.,n,Hangup()

"

Any help? Please tell me if you need more info on my setup...'

Thanks.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:13 pm 

Hi

You may want to review this post to see if it applies.

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=6789

And this line

exten => _X.,1,Answer

Is what I mean by answering the call in the dial plan.

Joe

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:37 pm 

By the way, this is the asterisk cli when I make a call out, this will clarify i guess:

"

Executing [s@macro-dialout-trunk:13] Set("SIP/003-ac530940", "OUTNUM=22222222") in new stack
-- Executing [s@macro-dialout-trunk:14] Set("SIP/003-ac530940", "custom=AMP") in new stack
-- Executing [s@macro-dialout-trunk:15] ExecIf("SIP/003-ac530940", "0|Set|DIAL_TRUNK_OPTIONS=M(setmusic^)") in new stack
-- Executing [s@macro-dialout-trunk:16] Macro("SIP/003-ac530940", "dialout-trunk-predial-hook|") in new stack
-- Executing [s@macro-dialout-trunk-predial-hook:1] GotoIf("SIP/003-ac530940", "1?custom-freepbx-a2billing|22222222|1:2") in new stack
-- Goto (custom-freepbx-a2billing,22222222,1)
== Channel 'SIP/003-ac530940' jumping out of macro 'dialout-trunk-predial-hook'
== Channel 'SIP/003-ac530940' jumping out of macro 'dialout-trunk'
-- Executing [22222222@custom-freepbx-a2billing:1] DeadAGI("SIP/003-ac530940", "a2billing.php|2") in new stack

"

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:22 am 

jroper wrote:
Hi

Check you don't answer the call in the dial plan, and check you have answer_call = no in the agi-conf

Joe

Hi,

SOLVED!!! :mrgreen2:
This was the issue, but when first I tried to change answer_call=no on agi-conf1 it didn't work, and all the calls were getting dropped, as soon as I figured out that is the agi-conf2 which is being used, and I changed the answer_call to no for it, it got working just fine.

Thanks a lot Joe, great help!

:wink:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:46 pm 

It's 2012. Things have moved on. A2Billing 1.9.4 and Asterisk 1.8.8 here.

Just for the sake of completeness on this and me spending a few hours hunting around, to stop a2billing from answering the call each time, there were a number of things necessary.

Firstly a dialplan for a2b which doesn't answer the call. So something like this (I have left the "answer" but in but commented out so it's ignored but it might help someone) :

Quote:
exten => _X.,1,NoOp(Let there be bills)
;exten => _X.,n,Answer()
;; line above is commented out so ignored
exten => _X.,n,AGI(a2billing.php,1)
;; line above sends calls to agi-conf1 config. If you send them to agi-conf2 then change the last 1 for a 2
exten => _X.,n,Hangup

OK then remember to set the Answer variable to NO in your agi-conf. Now despite oodles of documentation for old versions of a2b this is now all done in the database/through the web interface. So go to System Settings/Global List and select agi-conf1 (or whichever one you're using).
Search for the key called answer_call and make sure it is set to No.

remember this is in the web interface/database not a config file these days (A2B 1.9.4)
Quote:
Answer_Call : NO

Now, most people think that works. If it worked for you, have a glass of champers. If it didn't then this is what it took for me to get it to work. Still in the agi-conf1 settings in your database, search for the keys beginning 'dial'. That will list your dial commands for regular calls, SIP ones, and free DID calls. For these remove the H option which would allow the caller to hangup by pressing *. Remember, removing it takes away this option so people hanging around in call centres may desire it to be left in.

Now my dial string looks something like this (and the pipes are now commas to keep Asterisk 1.8 happy):

remember this is in the web interface/database not a config file these days (A2B 1.9.4)
Quote:
Dial Command Params : ,60,L(%timeout%:61000:30000)

etc.

Anyway, this took me a while to find and figure out so I thought I'd share.

Enjoy.
cw

VoIP Billing solution